2nd pc build

Bigpun2551

I’ve been searching online n imma use a intel i9 extreme 7940x for 320 dollars n a x299 steel legend mobo for 250 Sumone recommended a ryzen 7 3700x but it was 309 on pc pcpartpicker n he said that was the better deal but I’m thinking for 10 dollars more I can get 14 cores instead of 8 cores 

4 minutes ago, Bigpun2551 said:

I’ve been searching online n imma use a intel i9 extreme 7940x for 320 dollars n a x299 steel legend mobo for 250 Sumone recommended a ryzen 7 3700x but it was 309 on pc pcpartpicker n he said that was the better deal but I’m thinking for 10 dollars more I can get 14 cores instead of 8 cores 

well why the hell woudlnt you?

That’s wat I was saying he was saying it was over kill or sumthin but he said the mobo was cheaper but idk I looked it up n the mobo was cheaper but I mean y not 10 dollars difference in cpu I have to go with the more cores 

1 hour ago, Bigpun2551 said:

If you do need the cores thats a pretty good value

Though if you are just gaming or dont need 14 cores then go for a 5800x, abit more expensive but much better ipc and you dont need an expensive board nor do you need to overclock

7 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you do need the cores thats a pretty good value

Though if you are just gaming or dont need 14 cores then go for a 5800x, abit more expensive but much better ipc and you dont need an expensive board nor do you need to overclock

Not trying to game jus trying to stream with a lot of overlays n animations during stream n I don’t know how to overlock not yet anyways 

6 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You'd be better of getting 5800X and B550

That'll give you much better performance.

Only cores doesn't matter... Especially for gaming.

Even 5600X will give you better gaming experience...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8M9L2V

I ain’t trying to go that high for a cpu 300 is like the most I’m willing to pay for a cpu 

1 hour ago, Bigpun2551 said:

I ain’t trying to go that high for a cpu 300 is like the most I’m willing to pay for a cpu 

But you are paying 250 usd for motherboard, That don't gives anything valuable.

Get 5600X than, It's only 370$ while giving you better gaming performance + benefits, Such as PCIe Gen 4 support, Better upgrade path, Better driver support for games and etc...

44 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

But you are paying 250 usd for motherboard, That don't gives anything valuable.

Get 5600X than, It's only 370$ while giving you better gaming performance + benefits, Such as PCIe Gen 4 support, Better upgrade path, Better driver support for games and etc...

Oh I c I gotcha