• ~50wpm
    • ~60 wpm
    • ~70 wpm
    • ~80wpm
    • ~90 wpm
    • ~100wpm
    • more than 100 wpm but less than 150wpm
    • more than 150

how fast do you type. also im not entirely sure if it was wpm but i wrote that....

edit: if you want to test now, please use monkeytype.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

it's wpm

also my wpm is 69,420 wpm

EDIT: I just took a test and my real WPM was 75

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

100wpm with 99% accuracy according to 'monkeytype'... but that's completely irrelevant because if I know what I'm trying to type I generally get 150wpm (for example, if I'm typing a coherent sentence rather than a randomly generated string). 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

Depending on what keyboard I'm using I'm usually around 90 wpm, more if I'm more familiar with what I'm typing. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

9 hours ago, adarw said:

how fast do you type. also im not entirely sure if it was wpm but i wrote that....

edit: if you want to test now, please use monkeytype.

I have tested and it was around 26 wpm (I know it's very bad)

Story time:

When I got to HS, I was still very much hunt/peck on a keyboard.  To be fair, virtually all of my homework was hand written.  Still, I took a typing class as a sophomore.  2 semesters later, I was at best 25 WPM.

After 1 semester my freshman year in college playing TFC, I was up to 90 WPM.  Because type-kill.  Who says playing games isn't beneficial?

image.thumb.png.3e0b3d6e8343ca268042392d47926823.png

The errors were due to my keyboard being borked. Same issues as this reddit thread. I could likely write faster, actually, I know I can. But because I never know when this damn keyboard will skip a key or repeat one... I live in constant fear of failure. I'm trying to reach Logitech support about it, but I'm out of warranty by a year... I highly doubt they will provide a new one or repair this one. If they don't, I'm planning to open it up and check if there's gunk on the PCB like shown in that thread.

update :

"After carefully evaluating your request, we regret to inform you that your product is already outside the warranty period and we are unable to proceed with a warranty claim. Since we do not have official repair centers, we could not provide you with an alternative solution at this time."

Welp, time to open this keyboard up I guess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro