Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency):  I would like to stay under 2000 euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortntie, Apex minecraft and school/work (i work at the bank )

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Below you can see my current price list now i was wondering if this is a smart idea or if anyone has a better idea for any of the parts am open for suggestions just wanna make sure i do it right

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJznbh

image.png.a1c43e3c7753d3cbcdaacc8b7e3e234f.png

Also its going to be used with 2 monitors a samsung g5 165hz and samsung m5 smart monitor that goes up to 4k 60fps

The pheriphals are excluded my budget and if the performance difference is big enough i woud defenitly pay a little extra

case and aio are overkil, save the money on those parts and get a better gpu.

Sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors, I am writing on kindle.
Also, sorry I didn't quote or mention you, it is impossible on kindle.
Damn, this RGB is straight bussin'.
Can I be the first kindle moderator?

2 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

case and aio are overkil, save the money on those parts and get a better gpu.

?
did you say anything? could be a kindle bug, but on my screen your reply/quote is blank

1 minute ago, Mr-G-Man said:

?
did you say anything? could be a kindle bug, but on my screen your reply/quote is blank

Yes ill try again, its blank for me too anyways i was wondering how i would downgrade AIO bc is 2 fans enough for the entire pc (exlcuded the 3 fans in gpu)?

Also do you have any better suggestions about GPU

21 minutes ago, Bram_Suurd said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€163.95 @ Megekko)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 CO CPU Cooler  (€29.95 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (€99.99 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€72.85 @ Megekko)
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€96.01 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€53.94 @ Azerty)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€720.00)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/o ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€64.95 @ Amazon Netherlands)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€98.85 @ Megekko)
Total: €1400.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-20 12:55 CEST+0200

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! Press F5 to do so! | Remember to press that check mark on the right answer that solve your problem! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

"Wow, you want me to say ara ara? Really?"

- Clock Girl

Self Introduction and Current Rig

🏳️‍⚧️ Rights

Are you doing a full loop? I don't think you are, so a 240mm aio will do you just fine. I would go with the corsair 4000d. With the downgrades, you can buy a 3060 ti or a 3070/3070 ti, maybe even a 3080!

Also claire, that cpu will probably bottleneck the gpu.

Now is it bad that i would like the watervooling bc it looks better then the big cooler ?

like should i just accept it and use that phantom black cpu cooler ?

4 minutes ago, Bram_Suurd said:

Now is it bad that i would like the watervooling bc it looks better then the big cooler ?

like should i just accept it and use that phantom black cpu cooler ?

The all previously mentioned coolers are matter of preference. If you like LED effects then thats ok to choose cooler menyioned in the first post, but the price to performance best AIO would be Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240-420mm coolers.

... but I'm no expert.

A 6600 XT is cheaper and slightly faster, but misses features like Nvenc, Cuda and RT. If you care about those features keep the 3060, otherwise a 6600 XT would be good.

The RM650x is currently on sale on Amazon. Slightly lower wattage, but still more than enough and much better than that RM non x.

That CPU is stupidly overpriced. For the same price you can get a 10900 or 5800X.

For gaming best would be a 6700 XT + 10600KF, if you don't care about the features I mentioned earlier. This should also be good for your school & work.

Quote or tag me so I get notified 🙂 Also mark my post as answer if it answered your question!

GPU MSI Gaming X RX 5500 XT 8gb | CPU Intel Core i5-10400F | Motherboard ASRock B460M Pro4 | Memory HyperX Fury RGB 2x8gb 3200 CL16 | Storage Crucial MX500 500gb (Windows + some games), Crucial BX500 120gb (ZorinOS), Seagate Barracuda Compute 2tb (storage) | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition | Monitor AOC C24G2 | Mouse Logitech G703 Hero | Keyboard Drevo Seer Max (Gateron Brown) | Headset Steelseries Arctis 3 (2019) | Mousepad Steelseries QCK

In my opinion your own choices arent wrong or bad.  Your configuration will run and work.
More experienced people could try to get a better performance/cost ratio, by reducing RGB and other "cosmetic" features for raw performance.

If you want a better gaming experience, I would follow the recomendation about the better gpu like a 3060ti or 3070.

Personally I would pick a big air cooler, like Noctua NH-D15, because it is usually cheaper and big air coolers can have similair or better cooling performance.
Obviously Noctua doesnt follow the "modern" RGB trends and if you like it you can pay for the RGB with your money.

Then i have 1 final question i would LOVE to use this case i love the vibe/look of the case do you guys recon it has enough air flow ? It is very very old

Ignore the cables and stuff since that is still in there but i havent cleaned it out 

E2A38BD7-CFED-40A2-AD0D-5734E3CBF69B.jpeg

9092834F-3B1D-42E9-A84F-D8BA6748EB37.jpeg

8F31AC7A-11D5-4EEC-B04C-5D15765320A0.jpeg

Well the airflow is pretty compromised and quite bad compared to modern cases. you also might have problems fitting modern hardware in there
Some PSUs are bigger than back in the day, GPUs got big too... I wouldnt use that case for ur first build.
Keep it and try to do it when you get more experienced 😄

1 hour ago, Bram_Suurd said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortntie, Apex minecraft and school/work (i work at the bank )

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Below you can see my current price list now i was wondering if this is a smart idea or if anyone has a better idea for any of the parts am open for suggestions just wanna make sure i do it right

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJznbh

image.png.a1c43e3c7753d3cbcdaacc8b7e3e234f.png

Pretty generic beginner overpriced build with a particularly useless cpu, board, and cooler cause basically no one overclocks anymore, let alone a first timer

Just get yourself some cheap setup with a 10700/11700, 10400(f) or 5600x and just pair with with a cheap board, cheap tower, and cheap rams (corsair rgb is inferior trash compared to ballistix 3600mhz cl16 cause same price, you can actually get really cheap rgb rams if you look hard enough)

Ditch all the overpriced corsair crap with cheaper rgb alternatives

Ditch the uneccesary stuff like k cpu, ocing board, and aio

And just direct all your budget towards a gpu cause who gives a sht about some lights when your pc cant even beat a potato, with that budget you can easily get a 3070(ti) if you dont overspend on crap

What techy boi said. Except less harshly… And, everyone knows rgb gives more fps.

Whats the difference between this cooler https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/84MTwP/noctua-nh-d15-chromaxblack-8252-cfm-cpu-cooler-nh-d15-chromaxblack

or 

59 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

because the price difference is like 60 bucks, i was wondering what would be better 

NH-D15 is a few degrees cooler, the main thing for Phantom is the mentioned price. 

6 minutes ago, Bram_Suurd said:

Whats the difference between this cooler https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/84MTwP/noctua-nh-d15-chromaxblack-8252-cfm-cpu-cooler-nh-d15-chromaxblack

or 

because the price difference is like 60 bucks, i was wondering what would be better 

... but I'm no expert.

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

NH-D15 is a few degrees cooler, the main thing for Phantom is the mentioned price. 

would you say its worth the 60 bucks for a few degrees cooler ? I might be using it long periods of time 

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/x3kJ68

i have updated it again with a 3070 ti 

because price wise it a little cheaper then it says on pc part picker 

Oh and would it be even better if i made the videocard in this 

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 EAGLE 10G 2.0 Videokaart

Edited by Bram_Suurd