Help

ICONICAdrian

I just got my desktop and I accidentally held the power also had a panic attack and unplugged now it just beeps also don’t have a lot money due to physical disability 

26 minutes ago, ICONICAdrian said:

I just got my desktop and I accidentally held the power also had a panic attack and unplugged now it just beeps also don’t have a lot money due to physical disability 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c4hxpsmmm36ev6949c

First of all calm down, please no more panicking. 🙂

Holding down the power button is the same as pushing the restart button, it will forcibly shut the PC down. That isn't good for stuff like your storage, you shouldn't do it unless you have to (like when your PC freezes), but that being said - it is not catastrophic, your PC won't just die because of it. The only time when you absolutely don't want to forcibly shut down your PC is during BIOS update, if that happens and the mobo doesn't have a 2nd bios (usually only high end mobos have it) then your mobo is pretty much bricked.
As for unplugging your PSU (assuming while your PC is running)... just don't do that unless you see smoke or fire coming out of it hah. I honestly didn't understand that part of your story. 

Describe the beeps you heard (like 3 short beeps, or maybe: long , short, short...).

Tell us your PC specification (I am mainly interested in the motherboard, because that combined with beeps can reveal what is wrong with it).

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

It was long beep and it’s a acer predator  orion 3000 with a gtx 1660 super it shows nothing on the monitor 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, ICONICAdrian said:

It was long beep and it’s a acer predator  orion 3000 with a gtx 1660 super it shows nothing on the monitor 

Is it this PC?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/DG.E21EK.008

Oh God, it looks like it is using one of those special OEM mobos (not standard ATX), also the case isn't standard...

Spoiler

image.png.9fef9c037e16f8c5898767694cd98b71.png

Worst part I can't find proper Acer documentation regarding the board that is inside that PC.
So your safest bet is to contact Acer and ask them, if it is under warranty send it back to them.

If you want to try fixing this yourself you can do the standard stuff:
1) Clear CMOS. First unplug power cord from the PSU. Remove the CMOS battery (silver button looking thing, number 22 on the picture above), press and hold the power button for a few second and then wait 5-10 minutes before putting the battery back in.
2) Reseat your RAM sticks.

3) Reseat your GPU.
4) Check that all cables are properly plugged in.
Again, if the PC is still under warranty I recommend just sending it back. Depending on where you live just opening your PC case can void your warranty.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

What do you mean you accidentally held the power? 

What was happening when you unplugged the power?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 9/21/2021 at 9:47 PM, Middcore said:

What do you mean you accidentally held the power? 

What was happening when you unplugged the power?

Worst part I can't find proper Acer documentation regarding the board that is inside that PC.
So your safest bet is to contact Acer and ask them, if it is under warranty send it back to them.

1) Clear CMOS. First unplug power cord from the PSU. Remove the CMOS battery (silver button looking thing, number 22 on the picture above), press and hold the power button for a few second and then wait 5-10 minutes before putting the battery back in.
2) Reseat your RAM sticks.

3) Reseat your GPU.
4) Check that all cables are properly plugged in.
Again, if the PC is still under warranty I recommend just sending it back. Depending on where you live just opening your PC case can void your warranty.

Check-cashing services enable you to access your money even if you do not have a bank account. These services allow you to cash your paycheck and other types of checks for a fee. They are a part of the financial services system for millions of Americans who are unbanked or underbanked.
If you want to try fixing this yourself you can do the standard stuff: You can check for yourself at MZ

Maybe he meant that he unplugged the power during startup