PC not starting up

Go to solution Solved by Tegneren,

I agree with the other guys that the PSU is not good, but I dont think its necessary at fault here.

Try re-seating everything including the CPU, double check that all power cables are properly inserted, and move the RAM stick to slot B2

Not related to your issue here, but you should also consider getting a second ram stick for the sweet dual channel performance

Hi, 

I just upgraded my PC from old pre built motherboard and an 9th Intel i3-9100F to a new Gigabyte Motherboard B560M D3H Micro ATX with a 11th Gen Intel i7-11700F.

I finished installing all the cables and everything and when I try to start. It doesn't Posts. I only see that RGB of my RAM is lighting up. None of the other fans spins, not PSU fans, not CPU fans or neither Case fans. The PSU I'm using is Non modular. Any instructions on where to look for troubleshooting. 

Thanks

16321240724598327509416927342256.jpg

Double check the front panel connectors on the motherboard or try starting from bridging the two power switch pins on the motherboard.

Move the RAM stick to the second slot.

Replace that fake 700W power supply with a proper power supply (not causing your no POST issue but it is garbage).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

That PSU looks like it's a cheap piece of trash. It probably isn't good enough to power the motherboard or CPU. Also that adapter for your GPU isn't a good idea either. Even something cheap like a System Power 9 or EVGA BQ would be better than this, but if you can I would still recommend an MSI AGF.

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Double check the front panel connectors on the motherboard or try starting from bridging the two power switch pins on the motherboard.

Move the RAM stick to the second slot.

Replace that fake 700W power supply with a proper power supply (not causing your no POST issue but it is garbage).

But this PSU was working just fine before changing Motherboard and CPU. 

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

That PSU looks like it's a cheap piece of trash. It probably isn't good enough to power the motherboard or CPU. Also that adapter for your GPU isn't a good idea either. Even something cheap like a System Power 9 or EVGA BQ would be better than this, but if you can I would still recommend an MSI AGF.

But I was using this same PSU for 2 years with this GPU and old motherboard. I suspect that I connected the cables wrong way or something. 

1 minute ago, KavishBansal29 said:

But I was using this same PSU for 2 years with this GPU and old motherboard. I suspect that I connected the cables wrong way or something. 

Try reconnecting all cables, but an 11700F would use a lot more power than a 9100F.

I agree with the other guys that the PSU is not good, but I dont think its necessary at fault here.

Try re-seating everything including the CPU, double check that all power cables are properly inserted, and move the RAM stick to slot B2

Not related to your issue here, but you should also consider getting a second ram stick for the sweet dual channel performance

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

50 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

I've another memory stick but I was just using one because it's recommended for booting first time that only one stick is inserted. I'll try to redo all the cables and CPU. Hopefully it works, and I won't have to take this a repair shop. 😔 

Wow, moving the memory stick to 2nd slot and unplugging the case fan from motherboard seemed to work. Thank you so much to all of you for this guys. 

16321312855336026706787002964811.jpg