Budget Gaming computer

KingJet

Trying to buy a computer that is good, and its to outdated.... I am up for prebuilts (that can be upgraded later on) or buying the parts and making it my self.
I sadly just need help figuring out what is actually good, and what is reasonable to buy. Hope people can help.

Budget (Us $): I can spend up to like 1.3-1.4k but I would like it to be around 1k or less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, gta 5, or high performance maybe...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): No parts at all, (exp for monitor, keyboard, mouse)
Actually trying to buy a new computer entirely. Sadly, for me I am quite bad at know what is good and bad. What can fit with what part, and especially now due to the increase of pricing of gpu. What gpu I should get, and what is a responsible price for it. I want to try and get it as soon as I can, due to my old computer shutting down, I am on a computer than runs minecraft with the lowest settings at like 10-30 fps... I don't need any new keyboards or monitors. My monitor is a 1080p. Think later get another one.

How do you feel about used GPUs or ones from eBay? I am putting together a list as I speak.

11 minutes ago, KingJet said:

I can spend up to like 1.3-1.4k but I would like it to be around 1k or less

Here, 1k even. Get the GPU later on in the PC lives when the GPU is back in sane levels, but the 5600G itself includes a GPU good enough for low 1080p gaming.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($258.97 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($59.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($86.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Cougar MX331 MESH ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1038.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-20 00:09 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Here, 1k even. Get the GPU later on in the PC lives when the GPU is back in sane levels, but the 5600G itself includes a GPU good enough for low 1080p gaming.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($59.50 @ Newegg)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Yes, but he wants to get it as soon as he can. So I am not sure if the OP wants to wait until GPUs go down in price.

If the computer can run the two games I want nicely then I am fine with it. Like if I can get 60+ fps on gta 5 that be good. As well, like if it's a trusted second hand then mabey, but I feel to unsafe for a second hand gpu

Here is one I would suggest if you do not mind getting something from eBay in the meantime:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4G9rdD

And a GTX 980 for honestly a really decent price right now: https://www.ebay.com/itm/144207307120?hash=item21936ce170%3Ag%3AfCIAAOSwKQZhQ4PJ&LH_BIN=1

This puts you at a total of $866 so you have extra money to play around with for maybe a larger SSD if needed, RGB or a few more fans for the case. I have two of these cases and they are fantastic.

With the Ryzen 5 5600X and the GTX 980 combo, you are looking at more than 100 FPS on GTA 5 on ultra settings, over 50 FPS on ultra settings on Red Dead Redemption 2, about 50 FPS on ultra settings with Cyberpunk 2077.

Just now, KingJet said:

If the computer can run the two games I want nicely then I am fine with it. Like if I can get 60+ fps on gta 5 that be good. As well, like if it's a trusted second hand then mabey, but I feel to unsafe for a second hand gpu

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone.

Anyway, those 2 games should run pretty nicely on 5600G alone, but dont expect GTAO to fully play ball (i mean it wont play nice with anything honestly).

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, KingJet said:

I will see if there is something out there for a new one, but can't guarantee much.

4 minutes ago, Ykcud said:

I will see if there is something out there for a new one, but can't guarantee much.

Ya I get ya, sadly with all the price gauging and bit mining. It's kinda bad. Really that another thing right now, who actually know what they did to the part. 

Just now, KingJet said:

Ya I get ya, sadly with all the price gauging and bit mining. It's kinda bad. 

I have been looking around on PCpartpicker and it does not seem to list much at all for new GPUs under $500. It does list them, but they are often sold second hand on Amazon for example.

He also complain that there only 1 hdmi and 1 display port nothing else 

21 minutes ago, KingJet said:

Earlier a friend suggested this. Seems good, has a 400w power supply, some people said might need to upgrade it. What you think?

Honestly knowing Lenovo BIOS experience, youre going to bound to want a new motherboard. But looks decent, albeit i wish it comes with bigger storage overall and yes, a bigger PSU, which both you should be able to easily replace.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Honestly knowing Lenovo BIOS experience, youre going to bound to want a new motherboard. But looks decent, albeit i wish it comes with bigger storage overall and yes, a bigger PSU, which both you should be able to easily replace.

Though at that price, your recommendation would be better price rise, though idk witch one performance rise is better

As well, out of the two you guys suggested witch one performs better? 

13 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

PCPartPicker Part List

as well do you know how much, the Geforce RTX 3060 restocks? as well does the case come with fans?

6 hours ago, KingJet said:

as well do you know how much, the Geforce RTX 3060 restocks? as well does the case come with fans?

The case does came with some fans, and for restock? You should just scour EVGA, Best Buy, Microcenter, and Newegg, theyre seemingly the only few place in NA that actually gets any constant drop.

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

The case does came with some fans, and for restock? You should just scour EVGA, Best Buy, Microcenter, and Newegg, theyre seemingly the only few place in NA that actually gets any constant drop.

sadly there no microcenter near me, or even in my state