How many Watts for SLI?

MarcusLauk

I am planning on getting the Corsair AX 860i and i am wondering can i have any Geforce card hooked up with enough power for SLI?

Please respond fast!

If you notice any bad english please take to consideration i am norwegian :P

-MarcusLauk

Yep. You could get a couple of 680's or maybe even titans no problem on an AX860i. I think 3 GPU's would be pushing it though and i'd step up to a 1000w PSU :)

CreepingMoth 

hello

You could potentially run 3 Way-SLI 660ti's or 2 Way-SLI 680's but that would be pushing the limits of the PSU, it is not recommended to run a PSU at its max capacity (around 90%)

Yep. You could get a couple of 680's or maybe even titans no problem on an AX860i. I think 3 GPU's would be pushing it though and i'd step up to a 1000w PSU :)

CreepingMoth 

Thanks i might upgrade to 680`s sometime but i wont be able to release the Titan tho ^^ And again Thanks!!

You could potentially run 3 Way-SLI 660ti's or 2 Way-SLI 680's but that would be pushing the limits of the PSU, it is not recommended to run a PSU at its max capacity (around 90%)

well its a high quality PSU so it wont loose so much power when its under heavy load comparing it to other psu`s

I think nvidia recommends a 750 watt psu or higher for 2-way sli so 860 watts will be plenty and it will leave you with some headroom. (The minimum for a 690 is a 650 watt psu and you have 210 watts more :)). 2-way sli 690's, 3 or 4 way 680's and 3 or 4 way titans would be pushing it. Neweggtv said that with four way titans their rig was consuming ~1300 watts.

well its a high quality PSU so it wont loose so much power when its under heavy load comparing it to other psu`s

Yeah, even though it is a high quality PSU, I wouldn't recommend putting so much strain on one of your most important part of a PC.

Yeah, even though it is a high quality PSU, I wouldn't recommend putting so much strain on one of your most important part of a PC.

yeah i see what you mean now. Anyway its along time before i will buy a new GPu even though i am still using a Gtx 570

2 680s is amazing :) i havent come across anything that i havent been able to max as yet :) though an 860 watt psu may be a little low for it, i use an hx1050 for mine cause i also have a pretty high oc on my cpu that i have to consider