Is it safe?

Gerr

Selling a spare PC and it has a 750W Seasonic Gold PSU.  Was going to sell it with a 3070, but when trying to plug in the single PSU cable with 2 ends into the GPU, the extension end partly came out.  No way for me to put it back in, so I cut the extension ends, wrapped them up with electrical tape, and went hunting for a spare GPU cable since the PSU is modular.   Apparently I don't have one.  I decided on selling that 3070 and now have a 3060 I can put into the system and it only takes a single 8-pin PSU connection.  Just making sure it's safe to use the damaged end.  I did tape everything up so no wires will touch and the main connector is solid.  I think it should be fine, but double checking here.

Cutting the end(s) from a cable from the PSU is definitely not the thing to do.  Since you said the PSU was modular, have you considered going to a place like cablemod.com and picking up a replacement?  They have all sorts of cables to choose from and if what you're looking for isn't there, just give them a hoot and they can make it.

Good Luck.

https://cablemod.com/products/

Sorry, it's SEMI-modular.  The 3 non-modular cords are the main moth connector, the small mobo connector, and the GPU.   Yes I can just wrap up this GPU connector and buy another one.

As far as what I did to wrap it up, I cut the extension cords flush with the top of the adapter, then tightly wrapped where the cords go into the head with electrical tape.  I can't cap them as I didn't leave enough wire to do that.  I guess to make it extra safe, I could dab a bit of non-conductive glue or epoxy on the exposed tips, then rewrap the adapter.

Maybe selling the PSU separately is the best, then people can decide whether they're OK using it. I'm sure a lot will be. I feel like if you sell everything together with the damaged PSU it might bring down the whole system's price. A lot of people are probably looking for just a GPU these days. And others might want a motherboard/CPU/memory combo. It's easier to ship too if you go online.