Windows reinstallation while keeping it look like before

Justasking

Hey, I have an ,,old" win 10 os(meaning it was installed long ago, but it's up to date) and I want to reinstall it, because the loading time is at least 5 mins on startup, but I want to keep everything looking like it was before. Does anybody know a way to do this?

If you do a full re-install (which I suggest you do) it wipes everything. You simply set it back up again.

If you use the Reset this PC option in your Settings, you have the option of keeping personal files or removing them all. This is messy and not a true "clean" installation. I've actually never seen this work, to be honest, there is always some kind of error when people try it.

There is no option of full wiping windows and have it automatically "look" the same again. What kind of modifications have you made to how it looks? That stuff is just a headache and always more trouble than its worth and likely the reason everything is so slow.

image.png.6d4ef848f20f14fa225e0234dfe9c71f.png

To be honest it sounds like you likely have a combination of of a slow boot drive and way too many things set to start at boot. In the interim, you might want to check your Startup tab in Task Manager and disable something things you don't need starting on their own.

14 hours ago, rickeo said:

If you do a full re-install (which I suggest you do) it wipes everything. You simply set it back up again.

If you use the Reset this PC option in your Settings, you have the option of keeping personal files or removing them all. This is messy and not a true "clean" installation. I've actually never seen this work, to be honest, there is always some kind of error when people try it.

There is no option of full wiping windows and have it automatically "look" the same again. What kind of modifications have you made to how it looks? That stuff is just a headache and always more trouble than its worth and likely the reason everything is so slow.

image.png.6d4ef848f20f14fa225e0234dfe9c71f.png

To be honest it sounds like you likely have a combination of of a slow boot drive and way too many things set to start at boot. In the interim, you might want to check your Startup tab in Task Manager and disable something things you don't need starting on their own.

Well thats just the thing, I got a new mx500 ssd to make things faster, and then I saw it didnt help. NOTHING starts on startup, everything is given for the pc to run faster. Also, I didn't want it to automatically look like it, just a quick method of copying everything, but I am already doing it from 0