Budget pc

7 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not really. That being said, to get an upgrade path would cost a lot more. You'd either have to go with something like a 3400G system or an i3 Optiplex from 8th gen, the first would cost about the same but with worse performance, and the second would cost more and have similar performance.

Personally, I don't believe in buying into an upgrade path, because usually when you have to upgrade anyway technology has moved on far enough that what you have to upgrade still wouldn't get you to where you want to be. If it's the same price, get the upgrade path so you can maybe upgrade in a year instead of three, but otherwise it's really not that worth it IMO to spend extra for something that won't give you more performance now.

How much should I spend for an rx 580 on ebay?

or a 1060?

7 hours ago, MMoumen said:

oh ok I see. Am just going to hunt for deals like you said. One last thing. should I go for a used 580 or a 1060?

Also I found this awesome deal! https://www.ebay.com/itm/174942449420?hash=item28bb61ef0c:g:WU0AAOSw9MthMP3o

Not a bad deal. Just remember that you'll have a hard time upgrading that system, since it's SFF and can't fit anything large, like most other GPUs on the market.

The 580 and 1060 are basically the same performance tier, so get whichever is cheaper.

In this current market, I'd spend somewhere around $200 US for the GPU. give or take. If this was a year ago, I would've said $100, but prices have gone up a lot in the past year.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not a bad deal. Just remember that you'll have a hard time upgrading that system, since it's SFF and can't fit anything large, like most other GPUs on the market.

The 580 and 1060 are basically the same performance tier, so get whichever is cheaper.

In this current market, I'd spend somewhere around $200 US for the GPU. give or take. If this was a year ago, I would've said $100, but prices have gone up a lot in the past year.

Ok thanks So basically I need to look for a lff pc thenn right?