Would Any of the Following Drives Make a Good Windows Drive?

Hello,

I'm soon going to be upgrading my operating system drive to an SSD since I've been running Windows 10 off a HDD for so long and it's getting painful to deal with.

So, I started doing a little bit of searching and came across the following drives which are all priced quite similarly (I live in Egypt and stuff is either absurdly expensive or strangely cheap)

• KINGSTON NV1 1TB (2200 EGP approx. 140.12 USD)
  • Patriot P300 M.2 2280 1TB (2200 EGP approx. 140.12 USD)
  • XPG Spectrix S20G 1TB (2450 EGP approx. 156.04 USD)
  • Corsair MP400 M.2 2280 1TB (2500 EGP approx. 159.23 USD)
  • SAMSUNG 870 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB (2500 EGP approx. 159.23 USD)

Is there's any real difference between them when it comes to reliability and speed?

I mostly use the computer that I'm upgrading for programming and Android app development using Android Studio IDE (which does A HECK TON of reads/writes while indexing/downloading libraries and stuff from/to the OS drive).

Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.

Reliability, go with samsung. Speed, check tfhe read and write speeds of them.

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

14 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

Reliability, go with samsung. Speed, check tfhe read and write speeds of them.

6 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Another vote for the Samsung. 

It's interesting that both of you recommend the Samsung even though it's a SATA drive and not an NVMe one. 

I don't think either of us acutualy searched up the ddrives. Saamsung sata will last longer than an unknown brand (ish) nvme. But in terms of speed, nvme is faster pretty much all of the time. These twoo factors shouldd change your opinion. (or give u an opinion)

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

5 hours ago, Abdelfattah Radwan said:

It's interesting that both of you recommend the Samsung even though it's a SATA drive and not an NVMe one. 

I have two Samsungs SSDs in my PC right now. Two spinning disks, both WD Gold drives. My time and data are important to me. I want something that is reliable. Having something that maybe theoretical faster, but in everyday use isn't noticeably faster doesn't matter. This is especially true if it dies sooner with my data on it.  Not to mention at this point I don't trust any of the benchmarks because pretty much all the "smaller" manufacturers have been caught swapping out parts on their SSDs. Don't get me wrong, any drive can die. I just prefer the odds be in my favor as much as possible.

While Samsung has recently been forced to also make some changes on their SSDs as well, they are the only one recently doing so that announced it and made a new part number that I'm aware of.  (See - Yes, Samsung is Swapping SSD Parts Too, Component swap done Right) <--(TomsHardware Article) Most of these manufactures have just been swapping out inferior / slower parts.

i'm running two samsung 960 pro m.2 512GB disks in raid0 for my system drive, and have an 870 1TB evo as secondary drive, if you want fast boot,  go for nvme, but the evo isn't that much slower.