Fans ramping up for seemingly no reason.

SamD90

Hi there

I recently transplanted my build into a corsiar 5000D Airflow, and changed out the fans for all Corsair QL 120s. It's looking great but sometimes (and not always) the fans seem to ramp up and get loud, and can't see why or get them to slow down again. This is happening when I am simply browsing the internet or doing very light tasks. 

I know it shouldnt be like this becuase sometimes it can run for hours perfectly fine, this is too loud.

I have set the fan curve to a quieter one, and the temps are usually around 45C when this is happening. With the fan curve I set they shouldnt ramp up until 70. 

I have included an HWMonitor Screenshot of while it is going on. CPU Fan is still reading 800 and I have no Idea what AUXFan is...

I have 6 of these fans. 3 on the front, two on the top (attached to 240 rad) and one at the back. All 6 fans are connected to the included fanhub, which is then connected to the CPU fan header on the MB. Could it be relate to this? I am pretty sure its a PWM header and it should be fine but I really don't know.

Full PC Specs:

i7-7700k

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard

1080ti Asus Strix OC

16gb G.Skill TridentZ 3000mhz RAM

A PCIE Wifi Card (ASUS)

A couple of samsing m.2 drives

Seagate barracuda HDD

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers

CPUid Cap.PNG

Edited by SamD90

Turn off fast startup, if that affects anything. Also try to run windows troubleshoot. This is most likely some kind of windows problem. I mean I don't like personally that every fan is connected thro fan header, but it shouldn't be a problem, the motherboard goes from CPU temp instead of mb temp which in the end is okey.

The most likely problem it could be is windows, or a shitty fan hub.

Also try to scan ur pc by going cmd -> sfc /scannow

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:38 AM, SamD90 said:

Hi there

I recently transplanted my build into a corsiar 5000D Airflow, and changed out the fans for all Corsair QL 120s. It's looking great but sometimes (and not always) the fans seem to ramp up and get loud, and can't see why or get them to slow down again. This is happening when I am simply browsing the internet or doing very light tasks. 

I know it shouldnt be like this becuase sometimes it can run for hours perfectly fine, this is too loud.

I have set the fan curve to a quieter one, and the temps are usually around 45C when this is happening. With the fan curve I set they shouldnt ramp up until 70. 

I have included an HWMonitor Screenshot of while it is going on. CPU Fan is still reading 800 and I have no Idea what AUXFan is...

I have 6 of these fans. 3 on the front, two on the top (attached to 240 rad) and one at the back. All 6 fans are connected to the included fanhub, which is then connected to the CPU fan header on the MB. Could it be relate to this? I am pretty sure its a PWM header and it should be fine but I really don't know.

Full PC Specs:

i7-7700k

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard

1080ti Asus Strix OC

16gb G.Skill TridentZ 3000mhz RAM

A PCIE Wifi Card (ASUS)

A couple of samsing m.2 drives

Seagate barracuda HDD

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers

CPUid Cap.PNG

I know this is couple years old but I been having the same issue.....have you gotten this resolved?

<p>CPU: i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz (stock) MotherBoard: z68 extreme 3 generation 3 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 Series (Operating system) + 1TB RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600(PC312800) GPU: Asus matrix r9 280x PSU: CORSAIR TX650 Case: Cool Master HAF 912