Smartwatch

AzzaNezz

Sorry mods if this is in wrong section but didnt know where to place this topic.

I need smartwatch for HR,steps,running,music(its not that important),general watch using,and looks are important(24/7 use).

I am eyeing Garmin Fenix 6x pro,and its 529 euros here in Austria.

It has everything and more then i need,and most important its a tank,which means i can wear it to work,gym and it look pretty clean for nice outfits aswell.

However i am not sure is there are better choice for same or less money.

I looked at apple watch but i am not sure about that since its basicly like having my iphone but on my wrist.

If you guys know for any durable,smartwatch/outdoor watch can you recommend me something.

Watches that i already looked.

Suunto 7,probably the best looking watch,but everything about it its a NO from me.1-2 day battery life,not accurate HR.

Polar grit X-good looking,sadly small screen,but its 200 euros cheaper then Fenix 6x.

If there are any watches worth looking into please leave in comments.

whats so bad about haaving aan iphone on ur wrist? i would jsuut get the apple wwatch

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

3 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

Sorry mods if this is in wrong section but didnt know where to place this topic.

I need smartwatch for HR,steps,running,music(its not that important),general watch using,and looks are important(24/7 use).

I am eyeing Garmin Fenix 6x pro,and its 529 euros here in Austria.

It has everything and more then i need,and most important its a tank,which means i can wear it to work,gym and it look pretty clean for nice outfits aswell.

However i am not sure is there are better choice for same or less money.

I looked at apple watch but i am not sure about that since its basicly like having my iphone but on my wrist.

If you guys know for any durable,smartwatch/outdoor watch can you recommend me something.

Watches that i already looked.

Suunto 7,probably the best looking watch,but everything about it its a NO from me.1-2 day battery life,not accurate HR.

Polar grit X-good looking,sadly small screen,but its 200 euros cheaper then Fenix 6x.

If there are any watches worth looking into please leave in comments.

I'm of two minds here.

If fitness is particularly important, something like the Fenix 6X Pro is good — maybe even overkill. It's focused on fitness and should offer lengthy battery life. You could even get away with something a step down from that.

But for everything else, the Apple Watch crushes Garmin, Polar and your other suggestions into the dust. It's much better for music playback (if you're using Apple Music or Spotify, anyway).  It has a much richer app ecosystem, including fitness apps, and a better interface. Also, while taste can be subjective, I'd say the Apple Watch can look better with the right case and band combination — the Garmin is a chunky beast.

Keep in mind Apple is likely to introduce Apple Watch Series 7 on Tuesday (around 7-8PM your time), so whatever you think of the current model won't apply. There's expected to be a redesign.

I'll say this: if you're an iPhone user, avoid all Wear OS watches (including the Suunto 7). They're barely acceptable in the Android world (except for maybe the Galaxy Watch 4)... and on an iPhone, without that integration? You've lost a lot of what makes those watches useful.

5 hours ago, Mr-G-Man said:

whats so bad about haaving aan iphone on ur wrist? i would jsuut get the apple wwatch

My iphone is always with me,and to fiddle with with those small icons is a no from me.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

I'm of two minds here.

If fitness is particularly important, something like the Fenix 6X Pro is good — maybe even overkill. It's focused on fitness and should offer lengthy battery life. You could even get away with something a step down from that.

But for everything else, the Apple Watch crushes Garmin, Polar and your other suggestions into the dust. It's much better for music playback (if you're using Apple Music or Spotify, anyway).  It has a much richer app ecosystem, including fitness apps, and a better interface. Also, while taste can be subjective, I'd say the Apple Watch can look better with the right case and band combination — the Garmin is a chunky beast.

Keep in mind Apple is likely to introduce Apple Watch Series 7 on Tuesday (around 7-8PM your time), so whatever you think of the current model won't apply. There's expected to be a redesign.

I'll say this: if you're an iPhone user, avoid all Wear OS watches (including the Suunto 7). They're barely acceptable in the Android world (except for maybe the Galaxy Watch 4)... and on an iPhone, without that integration? You've lost a lot of what makes those watches useful.

Apple is all nice but charging my watch every night,especially if i want to wear it 24/7 sucks.

I wont send messages,use calendar or any app on the watch.As i said only HR(it will be always on),steps and distance,and normal watch using as looking at the time.

While running i dont want to stop down just so i can have steady arms to press those icons.

I am a biggish guy 185 cm 6ft1m,and 95 kg.My wrist size is 19ish mm,so garmin didnt look that big on me.My analog watches are 47 mm and they are great.

And most important thing,i dont want to be stressing all the time will i scratch or break my apple watch.

Thanks for the heads up i will wait anyway till start of october for my purcase of the watch,so i will see what new apple watch can do in terms of battery life.