Q-code 68 Not Posting

Xoriey

My pc wouldn't post this morning after working perfectly fine last night. I couldn't find much info on the code and there was a lot of misinformation ranging from thermal paste to ram. For me, simply changing the graphics card to a different slot solved the issue and my pc posted

Is this still a request for help or not?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Xoriey said:

My pc wouldn't post this morning after working perfectly fine last night. I couldn't find much info on the code and there was a lot of misinformation ranging from thermal paste to ram. For me, simply changing the graphics card to a different slot solved the issue and my pc posted

Are you asking a question or posting a fix?

What Motherboard are you using? sometimes codes are manufacturer specific.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

30 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Are you asking a question or posting a fix?

What Motherboard are you using? sometimes codes are manufacturer specific.

All AMI post codes will be the same with exceptions of revisions through the years where some where added. 

Many post codes are not listed in most manuals. Only because these codes are essentially a reference to the self check process and usually when the pc hangs its just on some random number.

When you want only and strictly error codes, you plug in the diagnostics speaker to find what the error actually is.

I could keep on going, but I'm sure you're aware I had made a thread to help address these situations, but was merged into another post in the stickies and most often times it's just over looked. You can find it in my signature for future reference.

40 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is this still a request for help or not?

It was a "fix" and not actually a diagnostic and repair. That's why I didn't post here when I saw it.