confusing about motherboard naming

iap

i picked r5 5600g for light gaming and productivity work by for the feature i have plane to expand deticated gpu but now i am now confusing about motherboard name suffiix like asus b550m-a/m-k

Stop expecting model names to mean anything.

Look at the two boards and compare their features and specs.

The M-A has heat sinks on its VRMs, the M-K doesn't. The M-A has Aura Sync lighting, the M-K doesn't. That's probably about it for differences. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

32 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Stop expecting model names to mean anything.

Look at the two boards and compare their features and specs.

The M-A has heat sinks on its VRMs, the M-K doesn't. The M-A has Aura Sync lighting, the M-K doesn't. That's probably about it for differences. 

can you give me a link for this kind of suffix details for all brand motherboard for amd chipset

1 minute ago, iap said:

can you give me a link for this kind of suffix details

I just told you the suffixes, and most model names in general, don't mean anything. I determined the differences between the two boards by looking at them and their specifications.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

how do i select right motherboard over multiple choise 

2 minutes ago, iap said:

how do i select right motherboard over multiple choise 

By determining the features you need, studying the specifications of different models, reading reviews, comparing prices to see if they fit your budget and offer good value, etc. The same way you would choose any other part.

• 2 years later...

For Asus, M means micro ATX (mATX) motherboard

K = cheapest option, with basic features, 2 RAM slots, 4 SATA ports etc

E = cheaper option, similar to K but usually with slightly better specs like more display ports, extra USB etc

A = mid range option, with more features, more protection, 4 RAM slots, 6 SATA ports etc

Gigabyte have lots of suffixes. M-H usually is the cheapest option. Then there are M-K, M-SH, M-DSH, M-HD etc for budget-midrange options. Cool suffix names like Aorus, Gaming, Aero, Eagle etc are usually the pricier options.

All this info is usually needed for retailers/wholesalers. Salesmen have to make quick decisions in shop based on customer budget, compatibility, features etc and those suffixes help them do that. Your average buyers don't need to memorize these.