Old IPhone SE No Sim Card - Sim Card Tray Damaged?

paulyron

Hi.  I have an old iphone SE that i been using for many years.  Earlier I dropped it on the floor without the case.  The case I use is those back covering cases so it doesn't give much protection like those otterboxes but i never like those because those cover the whole iphone.

I then noticed it showed no sim on it.  I do not have that thing to open the sim card slot and could not find a paper clip.  But I did find one of those key rings that are made of like the same as those paper clips and basically just unrolled it... but when I did this, it was still circular.  I then put it in the slot and turned it a bit and pressed on it and the sim card tray and sim card came out.  I then tried to push it back into the slot... but I notice it would not go in fully.  I watched an old

iphone se video on someone doing this and I didn't know why it didn't go in.  I then noticed... the sim card tray... the other end of it looks bent.  Its not suppose to be bent right?  I assume i must have damaged it with that circular key ring that i used?  Like when you look at the sim try from one end to the other... the other end is like bent downwards.

I then tried to just power on my iphone even though it didn't fully go in and it still shows no sim.

My questions are...

Is my sim card holder damaged?  Its possible my sim card is damaged as well?  I have dropped my phone few times and don't recall the no sim showing up.

I could buy a replacement of the sim tray easily even though its an old iphone se?

Is that iphone SE tray even necessary or could i just take the sim card and push it into the slot and use it as is?

Im planning to buy a new iphone sometime in the next few months anyways.  But im also out of the country so i cannot buy a new iphone till i get back to the US.

Here is how it looks.  From looking at it compared to what i see online, its bent right?  Its on the other end of it where its where you put it in the hole area.

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4194.thumb.JPG.53fba37602112b10dc4db5d30bd16774.JPG

Here is another picture of it. So I damaged the sim tray when taking it out?

Again the earlier issue was i dropped my iphone on floor and it showed no sim. So i shut down phone and powered it on and same issue. Then i took the sim card tray/card out but i had used like this circular pin i had to take it out. I didn't have the correct tool to pull it out so i used that.

But now i cannot even push the sim card tray fully in.

So i asked this in another forum and apparently it isn't suppose to bent like that.

So how do i fix this issue?  Someone told me to use a hammer and bang on it to flatten it.    Will that work?

I used one of those pliers in the photo to unbend it. I then put sim card into the sim card tray and pushed it back in.. It doesn't look like its pushed back in completely but very close to it though. But when i power on iphone... still shows

No Sim

So should i take out the sim card and tray out and try it again?

Is there a way to find out if my sim card is damaged or not?

Would it require me putting my sim card in someone else's iphone? But if i do that, what could they see on their iphone? They won't have any of my information right besides my contacts and name?

How do i know if its damage to the sim card or if its the iphone itself? Is there a good chance i didn't put in the sim card correctly?

I don't have another phone with me at the moment. I have just my iphone SE. The thing is could i try this sim card with anyone's iphone or android device? I remember when i went from an old iphone to this iphone, i needed a new sim when i wanted to keep the number.

Well what about going to that phone carrier store and see what they say? Thing is i bought the sim card from that carrier and theres many stores here where you can buy a new sim card. I assume go there... and they would put their sim card on one of their phones to see if it works? If it does... then its my iphone? But if it doesn't... then its the sim card so just buy another sim card even though that means i would have to get a new number?

Okay so someone mentions the say card reader might be damaged, connector came loose or damage to the logic board solder. So of these three... which is the worst?

So basically to repair this... would be extremely hard and expensive right?

Also in terms of security... is there any security issue if you give someone your sim card and they put it in their phone? Such as what information do they have on their phone when you do that? Is it only your contacts and phone and text call history and nothing else?

I obviously want to be able to fix it easily or at worst case... just buy a new sim card and it would work.  So anyone have advice on this?  I want to make sure its not my iphone card reader or anything internal that is damaged and only the sim card itself. 

Because if it is... i would just buy a cheap smartphone for the time being until i buy a new iphone back in the US.