Question about the WU's

How do I stop my laptop from starting a new Work Unit automatically.

As the one it's working on nears completion it queues another, how do I stop this because I don't want to start a unit and leave it because I don't want to be unreliable but because of the laptops running temps I'm going to have to.

The laptop isn't liking the heat to much because its getting warmer here in the UK, yesterday my GL40 chipset hit 84 degrees and I really don't want it there again.

I want to finish the one I'm currently on and stop it for a while until the outside temperature drops a little, the desktop will be carrying on so I can still do this.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

ok - you have to open advanced mode. Once in there, you can see your Folding Slots. Right click on the slot itself and choose finishing. Then it will finish the current one and go into a paused state.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Cheers mate, done:)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Also if you don't want to keep hitting that finish button on any other system, there is a way to tell the client to not download the next WU permanently (until you remove it).

In advance mode, click the Configure button and then head to slots.

Select the CPU or GPU (depending which one you want to limit or stop) and hit the edit button.

Then scroll all the way to the bottom till you see "Extra Slot Options" and hit "add".

A new box show appear and all you have to type in:

Name: max-units

Value: 1 

*Note: You can change the value to a higher number if you want to complete a certain amount of WU's instead of stopping at 1.*

This setting will persistently stay until you remove it.

Excellent info warmon

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Great help guys, thanks:)