GPU buzzing in certain games, not sure whats causing it

Tragicdice

I have a new RX 6600XT and in certain games my GPU starts buzzing. I tested the GPU with an RMx 650W and a EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W. Same issue.

I tested with my ASUS GTX 1070 which has the exact same buzzing regardless of the game I play. What could be causing both GPUs to whine on multiple power supplies?

Just now, Vinnie II said:

Nothing more then coils that vibrate within the hearable spectrum. Nothing wrong, just very annoying I am sure.

People have sent things like this back to the store/webshop to get one you can't hear.

Bad luck there 😞 .

You can try and enable vsync to keep the framerate lower, which often result in less whine.

V sync doesn't really do much on demanding games.

Why is it that its present on 2 GPUs with different PSUs? The noise and buzzing is also the exact same pitch on both of them.

It's the GPU that's making the noise. Doesn't matter what psu it's connected to it's gonna make that noise. My 3070 does it and it's annoying as hell

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

17 hours ago, Tragicdice said:

I have a new RX 6600XT and in certain games my GPU starts buzzing. I tested the GPU with an RMx 650W and a EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W. Same issue.

I tested with my ASUS GTX 1070 which has the exact same buzzing regardless of the game I play. What could be causing both GPUs to whine on multiple power supplies?

coil normally buzz when high loads are demanded, but are normally lower than the fan noise, maybe you've got liquid cooling for GPU?

here is everything you need to know about coil whine: Everything you need to know about coil whine - ekwb.com

DESKTOP PCCPU: R7 3700x | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M320-S2H | RAM: Corsair Venegance 32GB (2x16) 3200Mhz  | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 SUPER OC 8GB | CASE: Thermaltake V21 | OS: Win 10 | STORAGE: Sabrent 1TB m.2. & 1TB WD HDD | PSU: Corsair CX Series 550 W 80 Plus (Spare PSU in the box (new) BeQuiet! 650w 80+Platinum) | DISPLAY: ASUS TUF 27" Gaming Monitor 1440p@165Hz (VG27A), HUION 16" 1080@60fps | COOLING: Wraith Prism RGB Led | KEYBOARD: HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | MOUSE: Logitech PRO X Superlight | AUDIO: Amazon Echo (speaker) & Logitech PRO-X (cord version)