gaming pc (eve online)

Ensto

Budget (including currency): 1500 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: EVE online, casual blender, minecraft, league of legends.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ensto.anstian/saved/8Gyh3C

upgrading from a bootcamped 2014 imac.

I want EVE to run smooth 60 fps at max settings, even when the game starts to get demanding.

I know I could get something with a 3070 in it if I went pre-built, but I really want to build it myself.

EVE is relatively more cpu intensive than gpu, and requires quite a chunk of ram.

I would love to hear what you think! 

2 hours ago, Ensto said:

Budget (including currency): 1500 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: EVE online, casual blender, minecraft, league of legends.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ensto.anstian/saved/8Gyh3C

upgrading from a bootcamped 2014 imac.

I want EVE to run smooth 60 fps at max settings, even when the game starts to get demanding.

I know I could get something with a 3070 in it if I went pre-built, but I really want to build it myself.

EVE is relatively more cpu intensive than gpu, and requires quite a chunk of ram.

I would love to hear what you think! 

I have changed almost everything in your build to better accommodate your needs. You are getting much better parts for your money. I put a bigger Power Supply in there so that when you upgrade the Video Card down the line there won't be a problem. Also I chose a APU to save you the money on a GPU right now because of pricing. The Integrated graphics will more than hold you over till then and be much better than the Mac you are using.

New Build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($359.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($135.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($188.67 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($93.35 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: PC Cooler Moonlight 54 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG24VQ 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($215.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1436.97

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yWYgVc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($359.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($86.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($194.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG24VQ 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1199.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-04 22:00 EDT-0400

• The 5700G will feel much smoother than the 5600X generally speaking, at the expense of slightly lower single thread performance - and I do mean slightly.

• An AIO isn't necessary for the 5700G, but air coolers up in that price range simply can't beat the value of this Arctic unit.

• The Gigabyte board has everything you'd want out of a B550, and the combination of already well cooled VRMs + the AIO's extra fan means you should be able to overclock very easily if you wish to.

the pc guy

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($359.00 @ Walmart) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($161.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($119.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3030 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG24VQ 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1080.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-04 23:16 EDT-0400

wait for stock on an RTX 3060/TI or 6600XT.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I am looking in those advises and non are reasonable.

5700G is good option for you, But you should pair it with high speed RAM! AIO is unnecessary but if u like it, it's okey. I have to say it few times a day, Don't buy WD SN550 drives! 

@PC MD Doctors Don't pair micro ATX board with ATX case and especially not other way around! And don't advise overspending on parts, That gives zero performance adventages and cheaping out on parts that affect performance! Please stop giving generally bad advises, I sow you doing this few times already 😞

Here is a list for you: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8pTnbh

And yes, RAM speed really matters, especially in this case, Because 5700G will be using shared memory from RAM and to it to work it's best, Fast ram is necessary, It fit's your budget, So why wont get the best 😄 U can also choose another kit of your liking, At least 3600 CL16, Not slower than this. 

Also, AIO comes with already applied thermal paste.

Buy this for cleaner look (color of your choice) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C735N9C/

3 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

@PC MD Doctors Don't pair micro ATX board with ATX case and especially not other way around! And don't advise overspending on parts, That gives zero performance adventages and cheaping out on parts that affect performance!

There's nothing really wrong with this, and you can't pair a motherboard with a case too small to fit it. It's just wasted space. Calm down.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

19 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

There's nothing really wrong with this, and you can't pair a motherboard with a case too small to fit it. It's just wasted space. Calm down.

Yes, You can't pair Big motherboard with small case, But this guy was advising Micro ATX case, That does not fit ATX board, Paired with ATX board, Someone believes him and ends up mismatched with mismatched parts, Yes there is nothing wrong with ATX case and Micro ATX board, As you said it's only wasted space, That doesn't look good. But overall, This guy gives generally bad advises in many topics, I corrected him few times already, So are you saying he should continue giving bad advises to people and sometimes mismatched parts? Everyone can make list on pcpartpicker, But people ask questions here for best solutions, Not for misleading answers... 

6 minutes ago, Ensto said:

is the default cooler for this cpu adequate?

should be good enough, you can just get an aftermarket cooler and replace it if it ends up being too hot.

Eventhough I haven't played EVE in 6 months, for game dev decisions reasons.
I always found that connection was the most important then gpu and then cpu, as i ran 2x 1080 clients and a 4K client, or i should clarify gpu vram amount.
This is ran on 2 r9 290's with 4gb of vram, so honestly any last gen or even one prior to that should work perfectly fine, just see if you can get a deal on any of them.
on the other hand minecraft is more cpu and ram heavy. so id stick with Ryzen 7 3800XT or a Ryzen 9 3900X depending on supply and ofcourse your preference, and keep the motherboard as mentioned in prior posts.

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

44 minutes ago, Ensto said:

question: why did you include a 2.5" and M.2 ssd in the list?

overall, thank you so much for your feedback!

Because there was enough budget 😄 U can get HDD instead of that 2.5 drive, But it's cheap and fast...

So, You really can build better system, I guess I tried to optimize list other guys put together, But here is more reasonable one

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7tmDt8

Just now, GoldenLag said:

This is a pretty poor value build, id avoid this in favor of what @Herman Mcpootishas picked out. 

While Ramspeed is nice, overspending a lot on it is a waste. 

That's why I made a new list 😄

Just now, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Because there was enough budget 😄 U can get HDD instead of that 2.5 drive, But it's cheap and fast...

So, You really can build better system, I guess I tried to optimize list other guys put together, But here is more reasonable one

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7tmDt8

6 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

That's why I made a new list 😄

Avoid H212 for other, better and/or cheaper offerings. 

Evga GA has issues with transient load and tripping, and overall not a very impressive PSU. Avoid in favor of other option. 

And id give the advice of not spending 700$ on a 350$ GPU. Id just wait for stock at normal-ish pricing. AMD does drops via website, and 6600xt can usually be had near-ish MSRP. 

Or just wait on other retailers. Buying a GPU now at way higher than MSRP, unless is a must, is bad advice. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Avoid H212 for other, better and/or cheaper offerings. 

Evga GA has issues with transient load and tripping, and overall not a very impressive PSU. Avoid in favor of other option. 

And id give the advice of not spending 700$ on a 350$ GPU. Id just wait for stock at normal-ish pricing. AMD does drops via website, and 6600xt can usually be had near-ish MSRP. 

Or just wait on other retailers. Buying a GPU now at way higher than MSRP, unless is a must, is bad advice. 

What could be better than hyper 212 for 25$? If possible getting it in store. 

Not the best PSU, But not exploding like gigabyte ones... 😄 😄 and does the job, What can be bought better in this price range? 

53 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

What could be better than hyper 212 for 25$? If possible getting it in store. 

Didnt see that, cuz i dont look at mail in rebates. 

Also:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VTqBD3/id-cooling-se-224-xt-basic-7616-cfm-cpu-cooler-se-224-xt-basic

And you dont have to deal with the rebate

54 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

What can be bought better in this price range? 

GF1 is only a bit more and way better. 

Also: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/y88H99/evga-supernova-g3-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0650

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/B9CD4D/antec-earthwatts-gold-pro-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ea650g-pro

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3F2rxr/corsair-cx-2017-650w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020122-na

1 hour ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

But not exploding like gigabyte ones...

Only applies to the P-GM the AP-GM is fine, same with the P650B. With the EVGA GA not being particularly good in the first place, and its among the most transient sensetive units on the market  i dont see a reason to get one. 

It would also allow to get a Navi 21 or higher current GA104 GPUs without having to care about transient loads once the market settles  or when he can get one near-ish MSRP.