Advice on speccing out a PC for MSFS2020

Budget (including currency): £500 for tower and its' internal components & £300 for everything else (I would stretch to £100 combined over this if necessary)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

1. On Windows 11 partition:

a) Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, vPilot & Discord

b) Autodesk Inventor 2020 Proffesional

c) GIMP

2. On Ubuntu partition:

a) Android development - i.e. Custom ROMs for several devices

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Provisional (Wanted) specs: 

CPU - Ryzen 3600

GPU - GTX 1080 Ti

RAM - 16GB DDR4

SSD - 256GB M.2

HDD - 2TB SATA 6

OS - Win10 Pro (I will, and know how to, transfer my licence) & Linux Ubuntu

Peripherals also required:

Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X - Which I believe includes a sidestick, throttle quadrant and dual rudder pedals

Keyboard and Mouse - Wireless/Bluetooth

Monitor - 1080p @ 60Hz

Headset - Audio in and out, again, wireless/bluetooth

Upgrading from: iMac 14,1

CPU - Core i5-4570R

GPU - Intel Iris Pro 5200

RAM - 8GB

HDD - 1TB

OS - Win11 Pro & MacOS Sierra

Resolution and refresh rate:

1080p - 30-60fps @ medium/high/ultra

Most importantly:

I AM WILLING TO BUY SOME COMPONENTS SECOND HAND TO CHEAP OUT!!!

Many thanks for your assistance,

Cessna

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the budget you have isn't anywhere near adequate for the PC specs you list, or for any PC that will play MSFS2020 well, really.

Also, the T.Flight HOTAS X does not come with rudder pedals, although Thrustmaster does sell a bundle it calls the "full flight kit" that includes the HOTAS X and the TFRP pedals. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the budget you have isn't anywhere near adequate for the PC specs you list, or for any PC that will play MSFS2020 well, really.

Also, the T.Flight HOTAS X does not come with rudder pedals, although Thrustmaster does sell a bundle it calls the "full flight kit" that includes the HOTAS X and the TFRP pedals. 

Apologies, I should have stated more clearly - I am looking for advice on the best components i can get for this price point - predominantly for MSFS2020 but also Inventor, GIMP, and also for ROM development. This is my ideal budget but I am happy to go higher if the price-performance is better.

Thanks.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:03 PM, Dr0idGh0sT said:

It's impossible to get parts, You have mentioned.

It's also impossible to get system better than this:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JgK3rr

Thanks for the tips - I have followed this. My only issue now is GPU. I have possibility of a 980ti for £110 on eBay, it's an auction finishing Saturday though, so there's every possibility its price will go up. Any alternatives welcome.

Many thanks again.

40 minutes ago, realCessnaBroon said:

Thanks for the tips - I have followed this. My only issue now is GPU. I have possibility of a 980ti for £110 on eBay, it's an auction finishing Saturday though, so there's every possibility its price will go up. Any alternatives welcome.

Many thanks again.

Most likely you won't be able to get it, Even if you could, That ain't worth the trouble, 5600G will give around same performance and you'll be having better CPU and other parts, Because you won't be spending on GPU.

1 hour ago, realCessnaBroon said:

Many thanks again.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/sMrYcf/seasonic-core-gm-650-w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-core-gm-650 get this over the BQ, much better quality.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W