MSI MAG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI BIOS ISSUE

Hello Everyone,

I am having a weird issue with my MSI MAG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI.  Every time I want to get into the bios. There is no display and after I even reset the BIOS by removing the battery and jumping the clear CMOS button nothing happens. I have even flashed the bios to an older version still nothing happens. The motherboard continues with the boot with all the debug leds turning off. I got it brand new on Amazon.ca.

Pc specs:

1. Ryzen 7 3800X

2.16GB crucial Ballistics 3200MHZ

3. DUAL RX 580 8GB

4. 850 watt thermaltake Gold plus rating

Current Motherboard Bios version from Factory 1.40 . 

Help. I can't even change the ram speed.

23 minutes ago, Thewarrantybreaker said:

Hello Everyone,

I am having a weird issue with my MSI MAG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI.  Every time I want to get into the bios. There is no display and after I even reset the BIOS by removing the battery and jumping the clear CMOS button nothing happens. I have even flashed the bios to an older version still nothing happens. The motherboard continues with the boot with all the debug leds turning off. I got it brand new on Amazon.ca.

Pc specs:

1. Ryzen 7 3800X

2.16GB crucial Ballistics 3200MHZ

3. DUAL RX 580 8GB

4. 850 watt thermaltake Gold plus rating

Current Motherboard Bios version from Factory 1.40 . 

Help. I can't even change the ram speed.

You have a GPU installed? Outside of APUs AMD chips have no GPUs built in. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 4 months later...
Hi i am aware this thread is old but i started running into this issue and i couldn't find an answer anywhere and this is one of the first links to show up when looking for the problem.

The issue i had: Computer boots to windows just fine but doesn't go past a black screen when trying to get into BIOS (MB: mpg b550 gaming edge wifi GPU:gtx 1060 6gb)

What i found: Most people that seem to have this issue have in common that the GPU is outdated compared to the other components, i tried getting into the bios on my main screen (2560x1440 with HDD cable) but nothing happened, afterwards i tried getting into the BIOS on a shitty screen (1920x1080 with VGA cable) since i remembered the GPU being a commonality with the problem, and on this screen i actually managed to see the start up screen for the first time in this pc's life and when pressing DEL i got into the BIOS just fine.

Sorry for reviving an old post but most threads about this problem died without any answers so I figured I'd reply to one instead of making my own. Not sure if this fix will work for anyone but if I helped even 1 guy out with this it was worth it.