Warzone Stuttering with Ryzen 3700 and RTX3070

Ataulf
Go to solution Solved by XVB,
14 hours ago, Ataulf said:

So I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and the report came back clean.  However, I did have to bump up the frequency on the RAM to 3600 manually to match the speed that was on the box, so it's possible that I got a bad kit.  I'll try dropping it back to 3200MHz and see if that resolves the issues. 

I don't think it's the monitors.  I've got a triple monitor setup (2x 1080p 60hz ASUS + 1x 4k 120hz LG OLED) and the stuttering occurs on both the OLED and the 1080p monitors. 

Warzone is installed on a PCIE Gen4 NVMe SSD.  I believe NVIDIA reflex is on.  I think I was also getting the stutter in SplitGate. 

That is a clear problem of the ram not up to spec

So I've recently started playing Warzone on my PC, but I've noticed severe stuttering every couple of minutes.  The stutter is probably on the order of hundreds of milliseconds, despite otherwise achieving 120 Hz at 1080p.  Given my hardware specs I can't figure out why. 

CPU temps don't seem outrageous.  According to Open Hardware Monitor I'm hitting ~70C max on CPU Package and 77.8C on CPU CCD#1.  The GPU is hitting 69C max, and pulling a max of 228.4W (again, according to Open Hardware Monitor).  Are any of these temps high enough to cause severe thermal throttling?   Should I try changing the thermal paste on my Noctua aircooler or something?  What temperature ranges are normal for the 3700 and RTX 3070?

I've also experienced infrequent system instability, so I'm also beginning to suspect a possible PSU issue. 

1 minute ago, Ataulf said:

So I've recently started playing Warzone on my PC, but I've noticed severe stuttering every couple of minutes.  The stutter is probably on the order of hundreds of milliseconds, despite otherwise achieving 120 Hz at 1080p.  Given my hardware specs I can't figure out why. 

CPU temps don't seem outrageous.  According to Open Hardware Monitor I'm hitting ~70C max on CPU Package and 77.8C on CPU CCD#1.  The GPU is hitting 69C max, and pulling a max of 228.4W (again, according to Open Hardware Monitor).  Are any of these temps high enough to cause severe thermal throttling?   Should I try changing the thermal paste on my Noctua aircooler or something?  What temperature ranges are normal for the 3700 and RTX 3070?

I've also experienced infrequent system instability, so I'm also beginning to suspect a possible PSU issue. 

Try testing the ram

12 minutes ago, Ataulf said:

More than a PSU issue it might ram or monitor. Check those first

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

13 minutes ago, Ataulf said:

but I've noticed severe stuttering every couple of minutes.  The stutter is probably on the order of hundreds of milliseconds, despite otherwise achieving 120 Hz at 1080p.  Given my hardware specs I can't figure out why. 

Warzone ex player here.

Where do you install warzone in your system? Did you have nvidia reflex on or off? do you have stutters in other games as well?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

So I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and the report came back clean.  However, I did have to bump up the frequency on the RAM to 3600 manually to match the speed that was on the box, so it's possible that I got a bad kit.  I'll try dropping it back to 3200MHz and see if that resolves the issues. 

I don't think it's the monitors.  I've got a triple monitor setup (2x 1080p 60hz ASUS + 1x 4k 120hz LG OLED) and the stuttering occurs on both the OLED and the 1080p monitors. 

Warzone is installed on a PCIE Gen4 NVMe SSD.  I believe NVIDIA reflex is on.  I think I was also getting the stutter in SplitGate. 

I do have Avira antivirus installed, but I've gotten the stuttering after disabling "real time protection."

Come to think of it, I've also experienced very slow boot times with this machine recently.  It was taking on the order of 1-2 minutes to reach the POST screen several boots in a row. 

14 hours ago, Ataulf said:

That is a clear problem of the ram not up to spec

I decided to buy a kit of new ram on XVB's advice.  I'm not sure whether it's the bandwidth increase to 2xDDR4-4000 from 2xDDR4-3200, or whether the RAM was unstable at spec.  The Windows memory diagnostic tool was clean with the old RAM, but after upgrading I've gotten noticeably fewer stutters.  It might happen once in a while late in a gaming session, but it's vastly improved from the 1 stutter/minute that I was getting in some matches with the old RAM. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ataulf said:

I decided to buy a kit of new ram on XVB's advice.  I'm not sure whether it's the bandwidth increase to 2xDDR4-4000 from 2xDDR4-3200, or whether the RAM was unstable at spec.  The Windows memory diagnostic tool was clean with the old RAM, but after upgrading I've gotten noticeably fewer stutters.  It might happen once in a while late in a gaming session, but it's vastly improved from the 1 stutter/minute that I was getting in some matches with the old RAM. 

Yeah, cause I had a similar problem, testing the ram came clean but started doing weird stuf when xmp was on, glad it somewhat worked out for you