Best budget tablet for drawing under 200??

ToasterBoogaloo

Looking for a tablet for drawing, doesn't have to be anything fancy as long it supports some sort of active stylus (s-pen, apple pencil), bigger than 7 inch, durable and available in Indonesia im okay with it, I own an actual graphic tablet I just need something that I can draw on on the go.

I'm considering some old used 2016 Galaxy Tab A with S-Pen but I'm wondering if there's a better deal out there.

I may be able to stretch the budget to 250 but I'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, ToasterBoogaloo said:

Looking for a tablet for drawing, doesn't have to be anything fancy as long it supports some sort of active stylus (s-pen, apple pencil), bigger than 7 inch, durable and available in Indonesia im okay with it, I own an actual graphic tablet I just need something that I can draw on on the go.

I'm considering some old used 2016 Galaxy Tab A with S-Pen but I'm wondering if there's a better deal out there.

I may be able to stretch the budget to 250 but I'm not sure.

Saw a review of stylus drawing systems a while ago.  Apparently if you find a blind one (with no monitor underneath) you can get some really good stuff for cheap.  Dunno if that will help or not.  In the same article it said that the best deal on one WITH a monitor underneath was actually an iPad with an iPencil.  This is a few years old though and may no longer apply.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Saw a review of stylus drawing systems a while ago.  Apparently if you find a blind one (with no monitor underneath) you can get some really good stuff for cheap.  Dunno if that will help or not.  In the same article it said that the best deal on one WITH a monitor underneath was actually an iPad with an iPencil.  This is a few years old though and may no longer apply.

yeah i have those tablet without the screen (i mentioned i own a graphic tablet) i just need like an android tablet or something with active stylus

On 8/30/2021 at 7:56 PM, huilun02 said:

If you get a tablet that was not explicitly made for precise stylus input (i.e. laminated screen), then prepare to waste your money. Most tablets lack it, expecially the cheap ones. You cannot magically give a tablet the ability of precise input just by getting a stylus (no matter the type or how advanced the stylus is)

Probably the cheapest that is a worth a damn (brand new) is the Mediapad M5 Lite or Samsung SM-P200/P205. These come with stylus in the box.

If those cost too much where you live, then you could look at a used iPad or Tab S4/S6 Lite, whichever is cheaper. Be mindful of the risks of buying used.

The SM-P200/P205 might look like an ordinary Tab A 8.0 with additional S Pen. They are not. These specific models have laminated screen and support precise pen input. If you get a random Tab A that is not the P200 or P205, be prepared for a nasty surprise.

I am not Indonesian. I have never been to Indonesia. Beware of sweeping suggestions to "get X product" from people who are oblivious about the cost or availability of the item where you live. You are the one paying for it after all. Good luck

oh yikes, yeah those are way outside of my budget, im actually looking at some used 2016 galaxy tab a with s pen dunno if it has the same accuracy as todays tab a but if it's not bad i'd get those

On 9/2/2021 at 6:10 PM, huilun02 said:

You mean this?

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_10_1_(2016)-8090.php

It should have better accuracy than ordinary tablets that are not designed for pen input. Although for something that old I would be more worried about its general usability.

If you end up with a T580/585, you are getting scammed with the non S pen version.

Regardless of version, the chipset it uses is very outdated. Also having only 16GB or 32GB of internal storage is utterly miserable by today's standards. It will be stuck on Android 8.1 with no way forward thanks to the Exynos chipset.

i mean if it runs ibispaint/medibang, youtube and other social media just fine, im okay with it, 32gb is plenty for me and im okay with stuck in 8.1