Upgrade advice?

What are the best sensible upgrades to make my rig better all round? £1300/$1789 MAX budget all advice appreciated 

Budget (including currency): £1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming mainly arma 3, fivem and hoi4

Pc specs
 RYZEN 5 3600X
 NVIDIA RTX 2070 8gb
 16GB 3000MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE
 RAM
 250GB M.2 SSD FOR WINDOWS
 500GB SATA SSD
 ITB HDD
 B450 MK ll
 CORSAIR SPEC DELTA CARBIDE CASE

2 1080p monitors

Corsai 750w psu

i dont think its neccasry tho.  just save the money. or buy one 1440p monitor perhaps.

idk about PSU

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

46 minutes ago, jami1690 said:

What are the best sensible upgrades to make my rig better all round? £1300/$1789 MAX budget all advice appreciated 

Budget (including currency): £1300

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming mainly arma 3, fivem and hoi4

Pc specs
 RYZEN 5 3600X
 NVIDIA RTX 2070 8gb
 16GB 3000MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE
 RAM
 250GB M.2 SSD FOR WINDOWS
 500GB SATA SSD
 ITB HDD
 B450 MK ll
 CORSAIR SPEC DELTA CARBIDE CASE

2 1080p monitors

Maybe more storage or more monitor?  Depends on the speed of the monitors.  If they’re both 60hz there’s more of an argument. If you want more fps you may get some from faster memory but only if you’re hitting max cpu.  Won’t help with max gpu.  Depends on what you are doing on it.  

GPUs in general aren’t “sensible” at the moment at all.  You’ve got a decent one.  They’re still wildly overpriced.  you’re current I think is somewhat similar to a 3060 iirc (may be wrong about that one.  The 3060 may be faster) just to give you an idea of the costs of video cards atm.  If you go for a bigger GPU you may be even more interested in a monitor upgrade as well.  The bigger Nvidia GPUs have a rep for not working as well at 1080p. No info on the AMD stuff.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Maybe more storage or more monitor?  Depends on the speed of the monitors.  If they’re both 60hz there’s more of an argument. If you want more fps you may get some from faster memory but only if you’re hitting max cpu.  Won’t help with max gpu.  Depends on what you are doing on it.  

GPUs in general aren’t “sensible” at the moment at all.  You’ve got a decent one.  They’re still wildly overpriced.  you’re current I think is somewhat similar to a 3060 iirc (may be wrong about that one.  The 3060 may be faster) just to give you an idea of the costs of video cards atm.  If you go for a bigger GPU you may be even more interested in a monitor upgrade as well.  The bigger Nvidia GPUs have a rep for not working as well at 1080p. No info on the AMD stuff.

Both monitors are 75hz im not sure exactly what the differences are, GPU prices are not that high in my country i just want to make my rig as best as it can be overtime, im just not sure wether to get new monitors first, or if i get a new gpu will i need to upgrade the cpu and ram and vis versa

10 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

i dont think its neccasry tho.  just save the money. or buy one 1440p monitor perhaps.

idk about PSU

yes but which monitors should i go for?

1 minute ago, jami1690 said:

Both monitors are 75hz im not sure exactly what the differences are, GPU prices are not that high in my country i just want to make my rig as best as it can be overtime, im just not sure wether to get new monitors first, or if i get a new gpu will i need to upgrade the cpu and ram and vis versa

I suspect if you get a bigger gpu you will NEED bigger monitors.  You system as is is only a bit over 2k and your current gpu can manage more. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, jami1690 said:

yes but which monitors should i go for?

That I can’t speak to directly.  It’s heavily depend and on what you do with the machine for one.  There are certain PvP shooter games for example, that really like the highest refresh possible, in which case a single 1080p monitor with very high hz may be preferred.  For other things wildly different monitors may be more benificial.  For Arts stuff a large color correct monitor may help a lot more but for those refresh rate isn’t that important.  Wildly different things.  Of the games you mention the only one I’ve ever heard of is arma3,which I would class as a PvP shooter.  so I don’t really know what you even need

Edited by Bombastinator

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That I can’t speak to directly.  It’s heavily depend and on what you do with the machine for one.  There are certain PvP shooter games for example, that really like the highest refresh possible, in which case a single 1080p monitor with very high hz may be preferred.  For other things wildly different monitors may be more benificial.  For Arts stuff a large color correct monitor may help a lot more but for those refresh rate isn’t that important.  Wildly different things.  Of the games you mention the only one I’ve ever heard of is arma3,which I would class as a PvP shooter.  so I don’t really know what you even need

Okay thanks, i will look into these

I would recommend looking into a 27", 1440p, 144hz monitor. I was pretty blown away when I decided the upgrade my monitor and my frame rates were not too bad. I had to lower to mid-high for most games, but the visual uplift was well worth it for me. You have a much better GPU (5600xt) than I do so I don't think you will have a problem with 1440p. I would suggest, if you can, to go into a computer store a look at 1440p monitors vs 1080p and see if you can notice a difference before buying though.

9 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I would recommend looking into a 27", 1440p, 144hz monitor. I was pretty blown away when I decided the upgrade my monitor and my frame rates were not too bad. I had to lower to mid-high for most games, but the visual uplift was well worth it for me. You have a much better GPU (5600xt) than I do so I don't think you will have a problem with 1440p. I would suggest, if you can, to go into a computer store a look at 1440p monitors vs 1080p and see if you can notice a difference before buying though.

sadly there are no computer stores where i live although i think i will go for a new monitor