Soft-Resetting Windows & how I can make the process not painful?

Hi all, I'm here to get some advice on resetting Windows. I'll be intending to do a soft reset - the method that (supposedly) leaves most non-program files intact. I've decided to do this as a result of a lot of software clutter that's built up on this system for a few years now; so much so, that the system has moments where it'll freeze up and hang for about half a second on seemingly nothing, and because the list of possible culprits is unreasonably long, I find myself preferring to just reset everything instead.

That said, it's still a painful process. Windows tells you all the programs it's going to uninstall, sure, but ever since I did it on one of my laptops, I've had the feeling that there has to be some way, somehow, to make the endeavor at least a litte less tedious. Any tips anyone can provide are appreciated, and I'm willing to answer questions within reason.

I didn't see anything about bumping in the rules, so I'll just do that now.

I am not sure this is the answer you are looking for, but what I usually do, is I have a list of the software I use. And it is sorted by how I get it.

Example

Free software
- OBS Studio
- Lightshot
- etc.

Purchased (Login required):
- Adobe CC
- Camtasia
- etc.

Microsoft Store apps:
- QuickLook
- Spotify
- etc.

I also have a list of some settings I always forget to set.

Like enabling clipboard history and disabling Fast boot in Windows.

Prepare a folder with all your downloaded apps and just install them one by one. Login to what is required and make the desired settings in each app as you install.

If you have problems though, I would recommend to create USB and reinstall Windows entirely.