System only intermittently booting clean

Hi

I know the title isn't saying much but the problem is rather weird...

See, I'm doing some testing right now and for that, I had to turn off the PSU.... after turning it back on, and pressing the power button, the system only sometimes actually starts.

I have a TUF Gaming B550 board in there. It has LEDs to show where in the boot process it is. DRAM, CPU, VGA and Boot.

Well, I just had to reboot three times to get it to move off DRAM. Then the system booted. It immediately whined that it did a BIOS reset because it couldn't boot three times.

The only thing I had had activated, AFAIK, was DOCP to get my RAM to 4000MHz.

Is it possible that activating the memory profile alone would lead to system instability and weird behavior? I have gotten used to the fact that the system will not readily start when pressing the power button... sometimes I have to try several times.

So my question would be is it possible that the mainboard is defective? The RAM? I have tried removing one ram stick once and the machine booted... but then, on the second round of issues, I removed it again and it wouldn't boot anyway so I'm doubting it's the ram...

I just wanted to verify that it wasn't the power button. So I pulled off the PWR SW plug and used my knife to short the pins... it took quite some wiggling and several times to get the machine to start. Twice!

And when it did start, I had no keyboard. The keyboard and mouse are plugged into a USB hub. The mouse worked but the keyboard only came online when I plugged the hub into a different USB port on the computer....

SO RMA the mainboard? What do you think?