Issue flagged on PCPartpicker build that im unsure of.

Issue flagged up that i am unsure off (i have not bought the parts yet).

This is my chosen parts for upgrade.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/FailedToDownloadMoreRAM47/saved/4mjz6h

Get this in the notes section

Note:Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port, but the Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port will not be usable.

Checked motherboard manual

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-elite-ax-v2_e.pdf

Page 19

14) F_U32 (USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header) The header conforms to USB 3.2 Gen 1 and USB 2.0 specification and can provide two USB ports. For
purchasing the optional 3.5" front panel that provides two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, please contact the local dealer.

My question is would this USB 3.2 Gen 1 header support the 2x Front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports on the Cosair 5000D Airflow?

Been checking for over an hour and thought it would be fine but unsure so i thought i would ask here.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, FailedtodownloadmoreRAM47 said:

My question is would this USB 3.2 Gen 1 header support the 2x Front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports on the Cosair 5000D Airflow?

I would say yes.  Those are type-a, the same as the old 3.0, which that header should supply.  Both type-a ports should work from the one 3.2 gen1 port.

Your motherboard has the required ports. A type a header and a type c header, it's probably just part picker being weird. The list is also set to private.

Edit: I was looking at an older rev of the motherboard 😞 (Fixed my reply)

5 minutes ago, Samsonite Bag said:

The problem is that your motherboard does not have a Gen 2 Type c port internal header. So there is nowhere to plug in your case's USB type C port into your motherboard. Your pcpartpicker list is also set to private, so it can't be viewed. Otherwise that is the only problem, the front USB C.

To piggyback off this, ultimately if you don't care about having a USB Type C port on your case, you can ignore this entirely. 

If you do, just find a motherboard with a Type C header.

8 minutes ago, Samsonite Bag said:

The problem is that your motherboard does not have a Gen 2 Type c port internal header. So there is nowhere to plug in your case's USB type C port into your motherboard. Your pcpartpicker list is also set to private, so it can't be viewed. Otherwise that is the only problem, the front USB C.

It has nothing to do with the type C header, it's flagging type A. The board has both, PCPP is just wrong in this case. 

@FailedtodownloadmoreRAM47It has the correct header, PCPP is just wrong in this case.

image.thumb.png.ece454f467d708d4bba00a3653a86c7c.png

Just now, rickeo said:

To piggyback off this, ultimately if you don't care about having a USB Type C port on your case, you can ignore this entirely. 

Again, it's nothing to do with type C. It makes no mention of Type C in the issue it's flagging. Board has both 3.2 Gen 1 Type A and Type C headers, PCPP just has a false incompatibility flag.

14 minutes ago, rickeo said:

If you do, just find a motherboard with a Type C header.

The manual says the motherboard has 1x USB Type C port header. Also thanks for speedy replies.

16 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It has nothing to do with the type C header, it's flagging type A. The board has both, PCPP is just wrong in this case. 

@FailedtodownloadmoreRAM47It has the correct header, PCPP is just wrong in this case.

image.thumb.png.ece454f467d708d4bba00a3653a86c7c.png

Thank you. I thought that. Thank you for the speedy replies.

23 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I would say yes.  Those are type-a, the same as the old 3.0, which that header should supply.  Both type-a ports should work from the one 3.2 gen1 port.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

23 minutes ago, Samsonite Bag said:

Your motherboard has the required ports. A type a header and a type c header, it's probably just part picker being weird. The list is also set to private.

Edit: I was looking at an older rev of the motherboard 😞

Have changed the list from private. Thanks for the speedy replies.

I'd say get CL 16 memory, Not that CL18 😅

And also, Why go for such expensive SSD, U really need that speed? 🤔

52 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I'd say get CL 16 memory, Not that CL18 😅

And also, Why go for such expensive SSD, U really need that speed? 🤔

Always wanted those particular modules but I had them picked over year ago before reading anything about CL.

Was thinking of maybe dropping RGB for most of the build. 

Put the WD black mainly for direct storage future proofing. Plus if I'm upgrade I my as well upgrade. Heard PCIe gen 3 will get direct storage but was not sure if it would function as well without Gen 4.

Was just going to buy another WD blue SN550 and try RAID to give me 2TB but honestly have never used RAID before. So would be unsure if it would be worth it.