Nicehash is being weird

I have a Rx 580 8gb card and am trying to mine with it, Nicehash says Lyra2REv3 wildrig and its hashrate is 28.268 MH/s and it's saying that is unprofitable, and it's using 60 watts but other mining stuff says 100watts with a hashrate of get this 6 MH/s can anyone help me with this? I have around an 18 hour down time period with school and sleep, I want to get into mining and this is confusing me, and a friend who has his own rig with a rx 580 8gb card, can anyone help with this?

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

With Nicehash, you aren't mining directly. You're selling the hash power of your graphics card to the highest bidder. If, at the moment, no one is paying high enough prices for Lyra2REv3 hashing, then it's not going to be profitable, even if that one is the best for your particular card. According to Nicehash's site, the best algorithms to use right now for your card are Daggerhashimoto and Autolykos.

Your hashrate without changing your card's core and memory clocks aren't going to be great. I'm not familiar with Nicehash for an RX 580 - I've got an RTX 2060 Super - but the principles should be the same. You want to lower your clock speeds and raise your memory speeds when mining to optimize the hashrate vs power consumption.

According to the statistics there is 1 order for Lyra2REv3 and it's paying 0.0001 BTC/TH/day, i.e. basically nothing.

Did you run all the benchmarks for the possible miners? As mentioned above NiceHash is a market place. You can set it so it will mine whatever is most profitable, but in order to do so you have to let it run the benchmarks for each miner such that it can estimate profitability.

If it's not BTC per sé you are interested in you can also set up a wallet for whatever coin and mine it directly.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB