Microsoft Family implications - What does it mean to join a family?

Jishaku
Go to solution Solved by abit-sean,

I use at home for my two kids. You can set time limits and content restriction depending on age. We never used for shared calendars or anything like that. Its easy to remove accounts if you don't like it and you can set the level so that everyone has full control if thats what you want.

When I saw some of the features on the Microsoft family page like sharing calendar events, sharing store purchases etc. I wanted to set it up for my family. But when I sent invitations to my siblings and parents, they got those emails.

YDJaktA.png

Which is kinda weird. So is a member the same as a kid? Is this mainly intended for protection of minors? Will I ever be able to untangle the accounts. What kind of control do family managers have over members.
And why is there so little info available?

I use at home for my two kids. You can set time limits and content restriction depending on age. We never used for shared calendars or anything like that. Its easy to remove accounts if you don't like it and you can set the level so that everyone has full control if thats what you want.