I Want to setup a firewall for iPhone

I wanted to set up a firewall on my router or even dns to block apples update servers. I keep pressing cancel on updates and postponing updates yet when I woke up it had taken an update and I lose my jailbreak. So how do I block apple update servers on a router and how do I find the ip addressed to block. Would I use a network sniffer? 

I would setup a firewall/monitor to see what url it goes to when updating. Then setup a pi-hole (DNS on a pi) and add that url to it. you might even be able to google the url in order to block it before the next update. might also be able to get the url from apple although I would tell them that you need to allow it on your firewall rather then block it, otherwise they might say no.

good luck 🙂 

i'd say the chances are quite good that to block the updating system, you'll be blocking all of itunes.

perhaps on the jailbreak side there's a utility to suppress ios update nagging?

Stop buying iPhones as a start. They will update using their own cell service if you keep denying them or will just brick. If your jailbreaking doesn't prevent upgrade/overwrite, just trying to block it from getting an internet signal won't work. And why would an iPhone not try to update if they know to do so will kill the jailbroken-ness of their product? I am sure you can do something to stop that update but if it can ever try to connect to momma... you can't stop it.