Selecting a PSU??

Budget (including currency): ...

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Power Supply

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

So I am planning to do my first build with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060(gigabyte maybe) and was looking for suggestion on which power supply to use. Also, will it be ok if i use a 650W psu for this build or should i get a 750W or something else? Some of the PSUs that i have thought using are:

i) Gigabyte P650b( 650W) -> 80+ Bronze (Probably not gonna use this after the Gamers Nexus review on the 750W) -> Rs14,500($122.19 USD)

ii) Thermaltake Smart BM2 750W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs12,500($105.34 USD)

iii) 1STPLAYER SteamPunk 650W -> 80+ Gold -> Rs14,800($124.72 USD)

iv) CORSAIR CX650 650W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs13,500($113.77 USD)

v) CORSAIR CX750 750W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs16,200($136.52 USD)

Please suggest what should i do and which onw to choose?

25 minutes ago, pratikbiska said:

Budget (including currency): ...

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Power Supply

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

So I am planning to do my first build with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060(gigabyte maybe) and was looking for suggestion on which power supply to use. Also, will it be ok if i use a 650W psu for this build or should i get a 750W or something else? Some of the PSUs that i have thought using are:

i) Gigabyte P650b( 650W) -> 80+ Bronze (Probably not gonna use this after the Gamers Nexus review on the 750W) -> Rs14,500($122.19 USD)

ii) Thermaltake Smart BM2 750W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs12,500($105.34 USD)

iii) 1STPLAYER SteamPunk 650W -> 80+ Gold -> Rs14,800($124.72 USD)

iv) CORSAIR CX650 650W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs13,500($113.77 USD)

v) CORSAIR CX750 750W -> 80+ Bronze -> Rs16,200($136.52 USD)

Please suggest what should i do and which onw to choose?

I would stay on CORSAIR CX650

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk more

heli #1337

36 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Corsair CX650 is the best choice from your list.

Do you have a link to the shop or is it a local seller?

I do have two separate links but it's more like a local seller i can visit.

Prices are skyhigh. Ther must be something better available than CX 2017. Corsair CXF RGB, Corsair TXM Gold, MSI MPG A650F, Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w, XPG Core Reactor maybe?

39 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Prices are skyhigh. Ther must be something better available than CX 2017. Corsair CXF RGB, Corsair TXM Gold, MSI MPG A650F, Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w, XPG Core Reactor maybe?

I cant find most of these(online) and the ones i found are a bit expensive for me(on a tight budget actually). So i will have to search if i can find them locally and from where i am it's very difficult to find the latest and greatest components(for a context 30 series nvidia cards, 6000 series amd cards, 11th gen and 5000 series amd apu are only arriving right now in very small amount and that too priced high as hell). Also, can you help me with selecting a motherboard? I thought i finally had a slight idea of which mother board should i choose and thought i would get the Msi B450 Tomahawk Max(since local builds that i found tend to select that one) but upon going through motherboards i found there are different variants for the msi b450 like the B450m Pro-vdh Max pro(micro ATX??), B450m-a Pro Max, B450m Gaming Plus, B450m Bazooka Max. Now, i understand these are variants and with features that you may prefer but here i am confused of which one to choose. What i understand right now is that motherboards mainly come it three sizes i guess :ATX, micro ATX and mini ITX.

24 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

B450 Tomahawk Max is a good motherboard.

if i choose a m-ATX option how much or what kind of feature would i be leaving on the table?

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

3 - 4 instead of 5 - 7 PCI-e slots.

is that all or are there other stuff i don't have to worry about as a first build? and if so which m-ATX should i choose?