Taking game development or networking in college

I'm going off to college next year and I'm having trouble choosing what course to take. I got into all of my programs and I'm stuck between the choice of a 3 year game development course and or a 3 year computer networking course. I'm just not sure what the jobs are like for either and would actually like coming out of college with a job, but I also want to enjoy what I do. I would love if someone could explain their college experience and what it was like finding and doing their jobs.

If your game development course is teaching programming I would go for it, as that seems to be what the market is exploding with :D

also with games dev expect a lot of documents before you get to practical work :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Always go with what you enjoy more, but I will say this. Networking is exploding. It also has immense job security, people dont stop needing networks. Networking is also fairly-high pay. Game dev is only ever high pay  if you are are one of the top people. But once again, go with what you think you would enjoy more.

I had to make that same choice a year or two ago. Went with networking.

If you have to ask this question, I would say go with networking.

Game programming is an overpopulated field and if you could even get a job there is no security at all. You'll work well over 40 hours a week for usually less pay than a networking type job.

I would only recommend game programming to people who have dreamt about making games growing up and that's all they wanted to do and since you're here asking for advice I assume that isn't the case.