AIO Pump died

Broemp

Hi everybody,

I currently have a beQuiet SilentLoop 360 in my PC, but yesterday the pump died on me. I hit the same temps with the pump connected to power and without.

Is it possible to salvage the AIO Parts for a custom waterloop and just buy a new Pump, CPU Block maybe reservoir and expand that on time or should I just get a new AIO and call it a day.

As a CPU I have an overclocked i7 8700k.

Thanks in advance

Broemp

Yes and no. It really depends on how the parts are connected.

Some aio's use rads where the pipes are screwed into others use other ways that are not compatible with fittings. Really the only way to know is try.

Either way even with recycling parts it will be cheaper to get a new cooler.

The scythe fuma 2 a 60$ cooler performs like your bequiet in terms of noise and cooling performance.

42 minutes ago, Broemp said:

check with bequiet for warranty, are you sure its dead? do you hear anything when its plugged in? I thought my aio was dead once, but it just had an air bubble in the pump. EVGA cust service told me to just shake it very hard and plug it back in and its worked since. after that I changed how my AIO was instaleld to prevent air bubbles. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I hear some noise, but I am not really sure if these are pump noises or water boiling or something. I already tried to shake it but it didn't help. I will remove the whole aio tomorrow and try it again.

1 minute ago, Broemp said:

I hear some noise, but I am not really sure if these are pump noises or water boiling or something. I already tried to shake it but it didn't help. I will remove the whole aio tomorrow and try it again.

i dont think u can hear the water boiling. but can u give us a pic of the pc?