Win 10 19043 (Windows To Go) 0xc0000098 BSOD with latest windows update

Hi, I doubt many people use Windows To Go here but I use it a lot when I travel as my work laptop restricts me but I don't want to carry 2 laptops. Been using WTG for 3 years and love it but when it ran updates last week, it bricked itself.

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry. File: \Boot\BCD. Error code: 0xc0000098."

or

"inaccessible boot device"

Was gutted but wiped my drive after backing up and rebuilt it using a Windows 10 Enterprise Build 19043.1092, worked like a charm and started to migrate back. After a few reboots, ran updates again and after rebooting, bam. Bricked with BSOD 0x0..98. I then downloaded Build 19043.1151 but Windows To Go utility wouldn't recognise the iso. I tried a few variations but no luck. Bought a copy of AOMEI Partition assistant and that too kept failing using the lastest build of the Windows 10 iso.

While I'm happy to use the older build, I can't see an easy way to block certain updates or certain drivers that appear to trigger this BSOD. I have access to another PC but that too is killed after the updates.

Now I have two WTG drives that are BSOD'ing and one that still works because I refuse to use with the internet connected out of fear of loosing that too.

I've tried following online guides to repair the BCD files but no luck. I know Microsoft has killed off Windows To Go and thus don't offically supprot it and that bums me out, but I still need it.

Any suggestions/workarounds?

I'm happy with tools that will disable updates but even disabling it using winaero tweaker still ended up with my drive dead after a new hours and reboots online.