MSI RTX 2060 for $250 or EVGA GTX 1080 Ti for $550

BigRecoiilz

So I'm seeing a used MSI RTX 2060 for about $250 and an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti for $550. Which one should I get? I have an i7 8700k which I will be overclocking to 5GHz with my NZXT X53 cooler and I will be playing Warzone mostly and streaming it and I looked up some gameplay on YouTube and saw that the 1080 Ti was slightly better (talking about 40 more average fps). The 40 extra average fps is probably not worth to buy a $550 card over a $250 one. The prices in the pictures attached are different than what i mentioned above because this app taxes

F5A50138-C12F-4364-A2DC-70B8D9B44F5A.png

A9A9AE89-9478-4E15-88F5-B0117865AE41.png

Edited by TTV BigRecoiilz
Included pictures

Sounds to me like you already answered your question for yourself.

The 2060 was a somewhat unimpressive card but $250 isn't a bad price for it currently. The 1080 ti certainly won't perform twice as well considering the asking price is over 2x higher, and it's also two years older. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Sounds to me like you already answered your question for yourself.

The 2060 was a somewhat unimpressive code but $250 isn't a bad price for it currently. The 1080 ti certainly won't perform twice as well considering the asking price is over 2x higher, and it's also two years older. 

I was really thinking that. My main reason for even considering the 1080 Ti was because I recently changed my PC case to the Lian Li O11 Mini White (not Snow Edition) with white cable extensions and everything and the EVGA 1080 Ti would look much better in it than the MSI 2060. But I guess I shouldn't over spend THAT much just for aesthetic purposes.

The 2060 is decent but dont expect impressive fps above 1080 resolution. Especially with ray tracing enabled. Its good for gaming. Average for mining

Price wise its a no brainer. Get the 2060