CPU Cooler Clearance

acerhardware

Building a mini-ITX build with the NR200 which has a CPU cooler clearance of 155mm. I want to get the Mugen 5 Rev.B but it's 154.5mm. Is this too tight or should I just go for it?

2 minutes ago, acerhardware said:

Building a mini-ITX build with the NR200 which has a CPU cooler clearance of 155mm. I want to get the Mugen 5 Rev.B but it's 154.5mm. Is this too tight or should I just go for it?

People seem to have done it before but from what I can find it ONLY work with the mesh panel which is the case you are getting. It will still be close but it should fit.

17 minutes ago, acerhardware said:

Yes it will fit but not with the side mounting bracket.

You can consider other coolers like the thermalright pa120 which is in the same price bracket but outperforms it easily. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 minutes ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

Yes it will fit but not with the side mounting bracket.

You can consider other coolers like the thermalright pa120 which is in the same price bracket but outperforms it easily. 

I was also considering the Vetroo 5, Pure Rock 2, and even the Arctic Freezer 7 X because I have a Ryzen 5 3600. Would these be too weak, especially in a SFF build?

2 minutes ago, acerhardware said:

I was also considering the Vetroo 5, Pure Rock 2, and even the Arctic Freezer 7 X because I have a Ryzen 5 3600. Would these be too weak, especially in a SFF build?

Not for the 3600. They'll be fine. The nr200 has exceptional airflow to support these coolers. 

Though these coolers are near the pa120 in price and I haven't found another cooler that has this cooling performance at this price. 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-White-Heatpipes-Aluminium-Technology/dp/B08S77DVDS/

Hard to beat given that it is a dual tower cooler. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, acerhardware said:

You don't need anything special to cool a R5 3600, but Mugen would fit with the crimped pins of the heat pipes pressing against the glass or panel. Some people try to avoid that.

ID-COOLING SE224XT would just be fine for a R5 3600, it's better performing than the Vetroo 5 / Pure Rock 2 at those heat disspiations, and comes in Grey, Black, and White.