Opinions On My Soon to Be First PC Build

Bicknstick

Budget (including currency): $2000-2400 USD (Saving some for when 3000 series GPU's price drops)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All triple A games, Minecraft Shaders, 3D rendering, video editing, development/programming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

All I currently need a PC build, as I already got two monitors, 1440p being my main monitor.

PCPartPicker:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FR3dZZ

This is my second post on getting opinions on my soon to be built PC. I have since changed a lot on my list (and learned a lot) and want a final glance over to make sure everything is good before I start buying parts.

As you can see in the build list I got a GTX 1070 basically as a interim GPU until prices drop back down.

Besides that please help me with recommendations for mainly Motherboards, Storage, Ram, and nice looking cases.

Thanks for all your help!

Any reason you don't go with a 1TB SN750 instead of a 500GB SN750 and 1TB MX500?

Build looks good to me though!

Some nice looking case alternative, most come in black or white:

4 hours ago, Bicknstick said:

Budget (including currency): $2000-2400 USD (Saving some for when 3000 series GPU's price drops)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All triple A games, Minecraft Shaders, 3D rendering, video editing, development/programming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

All I currently need a PC build, as I already got two monitors, 1440p being my main monitor.

PCPartPicker:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FR3dZZ

This is my second post on getting opinions on my soon to be built PC. I have since changed a lot on my list (and learned a lot) and want a final glance over to make sure everything is good before I start buying parts.

As you can see in the build list I got a GTX 1070 basically as a interim GPU until prices drop back down.

Besides that please help me with recommendations for mainly Motherboards, Storage, Ram, and nice looking cases.

Thanks for all your help!

I changed a couple of things around. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YmWjdD
I don't see why you're using a 1070 as placer until GPU drop because there's no definitely that'll drop. Even if it did drop back down to MSRP, how much are you still losing/gaining using the 1070 as placeholder? Lets say you were able to re-sell that 1070 for a small profit and 3070 drops back down to $800. You're still spending roughly $1,000 if you bought it at $800 and resold the 1070 for $200. I listed the 3070 TI instead of the 3070 as it's roughly $1,200 which is roughly same price the 3070 is selling for atm.

I changed the ram for a Ballistix as they are also 3600 and 16, but cheaper than the one you currently have. I also know they are dual rank, as for the ram you have, I don't know if it's dual rank or single rank. I replaced the cooler for a better cooler as AMD Ryzen chip runs hot. Especially if you're rendering and going to make sure of the cores, wouldn't want to skip out on that. I replaced your Asus motherboard for a lower quality and cheaper Gigabyte B550. It has the same features, and motherboard doesn't last. Buying a more expensive one for 'gaming' preference is just not worth it if a cheaper value can do the same job for cheaper and can be easily replaced in 3-4 years.

The value comes out to about $2,517 USD

6 hours ago, c00face said:

I changed a couple of things around. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YmWjdD
I don't see why you're using a 1070 as placer until GPU drop because there's no definitely that'll drop. Even if it did drop back down to MSRP, how much are you still losing/gaining using the 1070 as placeholder? Lets say you were able to re-sell that 1070 for a small profit and 3070 drops back down to $800. You're still spending roughly $1,000 if you bought it at $800 and resold the 1070 for $200. I listed the 3070 TI instead of the 3070 as it's roughly $1,200 which is roughly same price the 3070 is selling for atm.

I changed the ram for a Ballistix as they are also 3600 and 16, but cheaper than the one you currently have. I also know they are dual rank, as for the ram you have, I don't know if it's dual rank or single rank. I replaced the cooler for a better cooler as AMD Ryzen chip runs hot. Especially if you're rendering and going to make sure of the cores, wouldn't want to skip out on that. I replaced your Asus motherboard for a lower quality and cheaper Gigabyte B550. It has the same features, and motherboard doesn't last. Buying a more expensive one for 'gaming' preference is just not worth it if a cheaper value can do the same job for cheaper and can be easily replaced in 3-4 years.

The value comes out to about $2,517 USD

I completely agree that I am most likely loosing money getting the 1070  (which I already bought), but I've already been waiting so long on getting a non-overpriced GPU that I am going to just have to take the loss. I know it will be a while until prices slowly lower (not guaranteed) but in the worst case I can just use it for my current PC which is a office desktop with integrated graphics. Repurpose it I guess. Besides that I appreciate your response and all that you recommended. It will definitely be taken into consideration.

Thanks!