Turned off Laptop made a Pop sound

Hi, 

Some four weeks ago a friends laptop made a pop sound (twice or three times) after connecting it to the power supply. 

Some context as he described it: The night before he used his laptop ( not connected to the power supply). After he stopped using it (still with charge), he left the laptop on the table disconnected, although  the power supply was connected to a  generic ups. 

That night  there was a heavy thunderstorm. The next morning he connected the laptop to fully recharge it and after some minutes he heard two or three  "Pop" sound coming from behind the laptop.

The thing is, his laptops works as intended and he continues playing/working/editing with no issues. He even run some tests after that issue (3d mark and some others). All results are as good as before. 

So the thing is. What was that? just some non damaging static in the air because of the thunderstorm? A serious thing that luckily didn't fry the laptop? An issue he has to further investigate to see if something or the whole laptop is about to go kaboom? If the last one is a probability. Any advice of how to self identify it or just turn it to a repair store?

Not coming for the speakers? I haven't had a laptop in years but I when I did pop noises where common for the speakers due to power spike when turning off. 

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

The laptop wasn't on. 

A detail I forgot to mention, the pop sound was "like when you press a plastic bottle with a thumb and then release it". 

It could have been a static discharge into the speaker.

If it still works, and it doesn't make the pop sound on subsequent shutdowns, I would seriously just not worry about it.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

It could have been a static discharge into the speaker.

If it still works, and it doesn't make the pop sound on subsequent shutdowns, I would seriously just not worry about it.

I thought the same.