Random PC Shutdown

Torsten
Go to solution Solved by Torsten,

Solved! faulty GPU, that 950 lasted me a good few months but now back to integrated graphics 馃槥

Hello, this morning I started up my pc but after about a minute of logging in, my pc just shutdown and then started to restart. This continued to happen after I logged in a second time but I made it a few minutes longer before it restarted. This has been happening periodically ever since I installed my gpu about a month ago. I don鈥檛 know why this is happening.

Troubleshooting:

I have reseated the gpu

I have checked my temps and they are all fine

I know I have enough power, 750w

Specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QxxQkX

All help is greatly appreciated 馃檪

All sorts of things I can think of that might solve something like this with AMD, but my knowledge of modern intel is weaker. I did have annoying problems on much older intel with a 970 on win10 combined with a rather ancient monitor I haven鈥檛 managed to completely hunt down so my suspicion goes to the 9xxxness of the video card. Might not be warranted though. AMD style stuff would include making sure drivers and bioses were updated. Might be a fix for intel too. 聽It could be cable connections to the GPU. opening up a machine allows the possibility of bunged up port connections just because they become accessible and almost everyone has elbows. When I hear about bootloops they generally involve win10 and the hard drive. A win10 reinstall of some type might fix things, or not.

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Take out the GPU and test it.聽
and if you havent an extra - race to the "Enable RDP"聽

Then shutdown.

Turn on without a GPU, and connect using RDP on Android (or apple, if you must...)聽

Solved! faulty GPU, that 950 lasted me a good few months but now back to integrated graphics 馃槥