Sudden shutdown

r0b0f0r0ce

I was just playing Apex Legends and all of a sudden my pc turned off and kept trying to turn on again multiple times with no success .. so I killed the power

- Gaming session was about 20min to 30min 

- No blue screen or anything 

- When it turned off for the 1st time it kept turning on for like 2 secs and then back off.

- I heard a quick and loud noise in my earphones when it turned off.

- I felt around the pc and it didn't feel too hot 

- the game was running as usual I didn't notice any performance drop before it happened 

When I turn it on now it doesn't post .. All lights in the motherboard are on and all the fans are spinning but no posting ( I tried multiple times )

My specs are : 

Mother board : Asus Prime B350-Plus

GPU : Asus Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600 

PSU : Corsair VS 450, 450 WATT

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 2×8GB 3000MHz

Please help

Pull the CMOS battery out of the motherboard for 5 minutes, then reinstall it and try booting again.

If it still wont post, it sounds like something CPU or motherboard went POP....

12 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Pull the CMOS battery out of the motherboard for 5 minutes, then reinstall it and try booting again.

If it still wont post, it sounds like something CPU or motherboard went POP....

I tried this .. and still the same issue

1 minute ago, r0b0f0r0ce said:

I tried this .. and still the same issue

Forgot to mention, Unplug the PSU from the wall and turn that off too when pulling the battery.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Forgot to mention, Unplug the PSU from the wall and turn that off too when pulling the battery.

Yea I did that

1 minute ago, r0b0f0r0ce said:

Yea I did that

Could the GPU not be outputting anything?

If the lights are on and the fans are working?  DO you have any other GPU to swap in to see?

If no, then I would pull everything you dont need and see if you can get it to post.

Removed the extra RAM DIMM, Extra drives, all USB devices, everything, and see if it posts.

After that, if nothing changes, you'll need to start looking for damaged components.

9 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

If the lights are on and the fans are working?  DO you have any other GPU to swap in to see?

If no, then I would pull everything you dont need and see if you can get it to post.

Removed the extra RAM DIMM, Extra drives, all USB devices, everything, and see if it posts.

After that, if nothing changes, you'll need to start looking for damaged components.

Oh .. I just removed keyboard and mouse and tried and it didn't work .. but when I removed 1 ram stick it posted 

Just now, r0b0f0r0ce said:

Oh .. I just removed keyboard and mouse and tried and it didn't work .. but when I removed 1 ram stick it posted 

Might have a bad stick of RAM.

I'd start looking at ways of testing the RAM to see if that's the issue and not the MOBO.  Memtest etc.

Glad it posted!

11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I'm in the bios now do you suggest anything I can check here before I try sticking the ram back on ?