Hissing Sound on Edifier R1000T4 Speakers

eric_s07

Hi everyone! I bought a pair of brand new speakers online. The speakers are the Edifier R1000T4, since I've had a 2.1 sound system from the same brand for the PC for almost 10 years and I love it. The speakers work flawlessly, but suddenly, I increased the volume of the speakers from the master volume behind the speakers from 50% to around 75% and I started hearing some hissing. I've used the speakers at 75% volume for a few days and didn't notice anything, but suddenly when the house is too quite and when I'm not listening to anything and the speakers are turned on, I hear an almost perceptible hissing sound. When I get closer to the speakers, the hissing sound becomes louder. I decreased the master volume to 50% again and I can't hear anything, but I'm wondering if this is a problem with the wiring in my house, with the speakers, with the PC or if there's something I'm missing. Again, the speakers are brand new and I've been using them daily for a few weeks for watching movies, videos, music and TV. The volume is usually at 75% on the speakers and 20% max from Windows, so it's not like I've been using them extensively at really high volume. I attached an image of the speakers just in case, but if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

1504011546114437_01_medium.jpg

Could simply be hiss/distortion from amplifying too much.

18 minutes ago, eric_s07 said:

The volume is usually at 75% on the speakers and 20% max from Windows, so it's not like I've been using them extensively at really high volume.

I would do this the other way around. Send as much volume from Windows as is comfortable and then control volume with the speakers. For example I have Windows at 100% going into my AVR and control volume from there.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 hours ago, tikker said:

Could simply be hiss/distortion from amplifying too much.

I would do this the other way around. Send as much volume from Windows as is comfortable and then control volume with the speakers. For example I have Windows at 100% going into my AVR and control volume from there.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I'll definitely take this into account moving forward.