[SOLVED] Huawei Mateview GT - can't enable freesync or g-sync compatible

Marco Elorien

Hi everyone,

that's my first post. I recently bought the huawei mateview GT and i attached to my 1080ti using displayport. I can't enable gsync in any way, so i attached using HDMI1 or HDMI2 as external monitor to my ROG g14 2021 (5800HS, 3060).

On the laptop it shows freesync as not supported, altough it should be compatible as stated on amd website (check ZQE-CAA row)

image.png.6c2ce6cf2762149ecfc5a048d2b462d3.png

Does anyone have this monitor?

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Marco Elorien said:

Hi everyone,

that's my first post. I recently bought the huawei mateview GT and i attached to my 1080ti using displayport. I can't enable gsync in any way, so i attached using HDMI1 or HDMI2 as external monitor to my ROG g14 2021 (5800HS, 3060).

On the laptop it shows freesync as not supported, altough it should be compatible as stated on amd website (check ZQE-CAA row)

image.png.6c2ce6cf2762149ecfc5a048d2b462d3.png

Does anyone have this monitor?

Thank you.

That monitor doesn't have G-Sync, so you can't have that.
On Nvidia cards you can't use HDMI for AMD FreeSync, you have to use DisplayPort.
So, use DisplayPort and then you should be able to enable FreeSync.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

There is no mention of any adaptive sync tech on the official spec page for this product.

Some reviews of this model have mentioned the absence of any kind of VRR tech as a major downside.

IMO it's stupid to not include FreeSync on a high refresh rate monitor. This doesn't give manufacturer the option to position it as a gaming product.

That's how you enable AMD FreeSync and Gsync compatible feature (altough it's not listed as compatible, do it at your own risk)

1. You start with no AMD FreeSync option in the OSD (see image)
  2. Having refresh rate OSD disabled, press and hold the "up" button of the joystick for 10 seconds (the side that points to the back of the monitor). See image
  3. OSD menu should pop out with the new option visible. If menu doesn't open, let 10 seconds pass and open it manually. A new menu item under "Picture" called AMD FreeSync Premium should be visible. Just set it to on. See image

Now you can enjoy AMD FreeSync and try to use G-Sync as g-sync compatible device.

I had those infos by calling Huawei technical support.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, Marco Elorien said:

That's how you enable AMD FreeSync and Gsync compatible feature (altough it's not listed as compatible, do it at your own risk)

1. You start with no AMD FreeSync option in the OSD (see image)
  2. Having refresh rate OSD disabled, press and hold the "up" button of the joystick for 10 seconds (the side that points to the back of the monitor). See image
  3. OSD menu should pop out with the new option visible. If menu doesn't open, let 10 seconds pass and open it manually. A new menu item under "Picture" called AMD FreeSync Premium should be visible. Just set it to on. See image

Now you can enjoy AMD FreeSync and try to use G-Sync as g-sync compatible device.

I had those infos by calling Huawei technical support.

Have you noticed any flicker in LFC range eg. when fps fluctuate around 40-60? My Mateview GT changes brightness when LFC kicks in. It's especially bad with poorly optimized games like Arma 3 where I fluctuate 30-50 fps constantly. Here's a quick clip I've made with the Pendulum demo. I'm on 6800XT though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUEu6WB9nik  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 5:03 PM, kr0mka said:

Have you noticed any flicker in LFC range eg. when fps fluctuate around 40-60? My Mateview GT changes brightness when LFC kicks in. It's especially bad with poorly optimized games like Arma 3 where I fluctuate 30-50 fps constantly. Here's a quick clip I've made with the Pendulum demo. I'm on 6800XT though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUEu6WB9nik  

Yes, there is a flicker on that range cause of LFC. VA panels seems to be more bright at higher refresh rate and this fluctuation between low and high hz causes variation in brightness. I only see it while loading maps and sometimes in the game menus. It's not noticeable in game, but i haven't tried Arma 3.

My previous monitor was a XB270HU (1440p@165hz GSYNC) so i immediately saw the flickering problem when i tried the mateview GT.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, tarsius said:

There is no mention of any adaptive sync tech on the official spec page for this product.

Some reviews of this model have mentioned the absence of any kind of VRR tech as a major downside.

IMO it's stupid to not include FreeSync on a high refresh rate monitor. This doesn't give manufacturer the option to position it as a gaming product.

Not true, they explicitly mentioned that it does, and in fact it does. Strangely enough it's not reported in its specs though, but they talked about it when they presented the product, so the news about the monitor all report that it has it.