Parts Advice (will buy when shortage is over)

iLloyd

Budget (including currency): Close to 1500USD/110K INR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Premiere Pro, Steam games (can vary from CS:GO to GTA V, just want playable frames), and Minecraft (i'd like to try out the RTX features preferably 😄 )

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Dell Inspiron from 2016 (?) w/ i3-6100u, integrated graphics, and 12GB DDR3 (upgraded from 4GB). I've got a part list I'm looking at: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K6cQkX [Peripherals included in the 1500USD budget]. I'm looking to buy it whenever the market stabilizes, or whenever I can get my hands on a 3060Ti (lmao). Was thinking of 1080p/144hz, or 1440p/144hz, whichever fits better in the budget

Would like advice on which motherboard would be a good balance of future-proofing, VRMs, and just nice to haves
ty in advance

There is no end in sight for chip shortage. Best thing to do is keep on saving if you are planning to buy "when shortage is over".

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

20 minutes ago, Levent said:

There is no end in sight for chip shortage. Best thing to do is keep on saving if you are planning to buy "when shortage is over".

I have been saving yes, there is no real end in sight, but ya gotta keep hope

19 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

Build looks decent, there's only 1 thing though - that B550 board for a 5000 series CPU. Make sure that board has the newest BIOS or else that CPU won't work.

Thanks for the welcome 🙂
There's a massive PC parts market near me, I was hoping to buy my parts there, would have the seller flash it for me if the board I settle on doesn't have a handy BIOS flashback button

13 minutes ago, iLloyd said:

Thanks for the welcome 🙂
There's a massive PC parts market near me, I was hoping to buy my parts there, would have the seller flash it for me if the board I settle on doesn't have a handy BIOS flashback button

OK, cool! That would definitely be a good thing to do.