3440x1440 possible on xbox one s??

bmx6454
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
22 hours ago, rickeo said:

Xboxes of any type do not support 21:9 resolutions. 

The monitor should at least be able to display 16:9 2560x1440 image with black bars on the sides but you'll never get it to correctly fill out the monitor at its native resolution, you need a PC for that. Theoretically, setting the Xbox to 1440p is how it should be set then the rest of the adjustment would need to be done on the monitor. If you can't get that to work, that monitor might just not play nicely with consoles.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-resolutions 

thanks for the info. i was able to fix it by resetting the display settings on the xbox, and setting it to 1440p 120hz, and putting the display on 16:9 hdr off. i'm guessing i screwed up some settings in a way i couldn't figure out, and resetting fixed it. black bars, but that's fine as long as it looks correct. thanks!

hello, i have recently gotten a new monitor, the aoc cu34g2x, and i would love to be able to use it for both my pc, and xbox one s, rather than 2 separate screens. i have no issues with it on my pc, but getting it to work well with my xbox has been problematic. no matter what combination of settings i play with between my monitor and xbox, i seem to come to 2 results. either it will fit the whole screen, but the image is stretched/distorted(unplayable imo), or i have messed with changing the aspect ratio on my monitor. changing aspect ratios seems like it should work, but then the colors don't look right, and it seems a tad bit blurry(also unplayable imo). between reading a bunch of forums, and trying to figure it out myself, i have come to believe that the xbox one s just can't do ultra wide aspect ratios. so, please correct me if i am wrong, but i assume that leaves me with either setting my tv back up for just the xbox(which i would rather avoid), or figure out a way to get the monitor to work by changing aspect ratios. the best results i have gotten are with setting my xbox to 4k 60hz, and my monitor to ratio 16:9, leaving black bars on the sides(i am okay with that if the image is good). but i can't seem to find a way to make the image look correct(colors are off, blurry). i am very much new to monitors, so i am wondering if anyone knows how i could fix this? or knows if it truly can't be fixed, and that using a tv for my xbox is the way to go? sorry if my post is hard to follow, this is my first proper monitor(used tv's for my pc's till now), and i'm not sure what i'm missing, or what details should be included. thanks for any input!! please let me know if more details, or if pics are needed.

xbox one s

monitor : cu34g2x     1440p  144hz   21:9 aspect ratio by default    HDR(not sure if i should enable for xbox)

The monitor should at least be able to display 16:9 2560x1440 image with black bars on the sides but you'll never get it to correctly fill out the monitor at its native resolution, you need a PC for that. Theoretically, setting the Xbox to 1440p is how it should be set then the rest of the adjustment would need to be done on the monitor. If you can't get that to work, that monitor might just not play nicely with consoles.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-resolutions 

22 hours ago, rickeo said:

thanks for the info. i was able to fix it by resetting the display settings on the xbox, and setting it to 1440p 120hz, and putting the display on 16:9 hdr off. i'm guessing i screwed up some settings in a way i couldn't figure out, and resetting fixed it. black bars, but that's fine as long as it looks correct. thanks!