Multiple ARGB hubs?

Preface: I'm fairly new to the ARGB fan thing, so forgive my ignorance. I've ordered a new case for my PC and I'd like to use ARGB fans for the cooling. My MOBO is an ASUS Strix B450-f Gaming II and only has one 3-pin, 5v, header on it. I know most if not all ARGB fans will work with a hub of some sort, but I'm wondering how many of these hubs can be connected to the header if I use splitters. I have a 1 to 5 way 3-pin splitter, but how many hubs could I safely connect this way? I figure it shouldn't be an issue to connect a few since they run off 12v SATA connectors and so should be powering the fans and LED's this way, no power should be drawn through the MOBO but I don't know if this is the case or not. Anyone know if it's possible to connect multiple hubs this way?

Normally the mobo manual states how many LEDs you can power off this one header. And some fan manufactureres state how many LEDs are in each fan. You can just buy a splitter and power all your fans on one header. I ran 6 RGB fans in the past off one header and didn't have any issues. No need for a HUB and you can use Armory Crate to control the fans in software.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 hours ago, JahovaRaptor said:

Preface: I'm fairly new to the ARGB fan thing, so forgive my ignorance. I've ordered a new case for my PC and I'd like to use ARGB fans for the cooling. My MOBO is an ASUS Strix B450-f Gaming II and only has one 3-pin, 5v, header on it. I know most if not all ARGB fans will work with a hub of some sort, but I'm wondering how many of these hubs can be connected to the header if I use splitters. I have a 1 to 5 way 3-pin splitter, but how many hubs could I safely connect this way? I figure it shouldn't be an issue to connect a few since they run off 12v SATA connectors and so should be powering the fans and LED's this way, no power should be drawn through the MOBO but I don't know if this is the case or not. Anyone know if it's possible to connect multiple hubs this way?

the mb header is normally 3 amps worth of argb leds. but you can buy a powered hub splittor powered by sata or molex and should get most of the power from the psu.

so the weakest link will be connectors, psu power cable wire gage. argb pulls 5v not 12v.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links