my 7 year old motherboard died so i am thinking of buying a new one and a new CPU

xdSenpai

Budget (including currency): ₹30000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a rx 470, 240gb ssd, 1 tb hard disk

i have ryzen 5 3600 or 7 3700x in my mind but i will also need a motherboard which i dont know anything about

29 minutes ago, xdSenpai said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a rx 470, 240gb ssd, 1 tb hard disk

i have ryzen 5 3600 or 7 3700x in my mind but i will also need a motherboard which i dont know anything about

Is there a reason you would get a 3600 or 3700 instead of a 5600 or 5800? (is that much more expensive in your country / beyond your budget?). Typically in European market, the newer CPU's are not that much more expensive.

what are you using the system for, just gaming? A 5600 would be much faster than a 3700X for gaming, and might even be cheaper. For productivity workloads, you might want to get the 3700 for the extra cores (rendering, video editing, CAD work, etc. etc.?)

For a 3600 or 3700, any B450 motherboard should do fine. The MSI Tomahawk is one of the best and reasonably priced.

For the 5600 or 5800, get a B550. Again the MSI Tomahawk is good, but there are others out there in the same pricerange (Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte).

FYI: 30k rupees is about $400US or 340 euro.

Get yourself a decent (i.e. A-brand) B550 board and the AMD PRO 4750GE if you can find one. Using the 4750GE gives you better graphics (one step newer gen GCN over your RX470) but it might be over your budget.

This shop offers an affordable 3700X but you need an additional cooler. (I've purchased from these shops earlier this year, no complaints at all!)

Do note you'd also need RAM (DDR4), 2x8GB suffices IMO.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

16 hours ago, xdSenpai said:

TBH I think that's too low of a budget. It should be barely enough to fit a Ryzen 3 with some 8GB RAM, a good PSU and a case. 

A 3700x goes out of budget by itself:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d289b864eb80f289626fa1316c76d0e6.png

IDK why there are two listings for the same product

While a 3600 would barely leave you any amount to afford a Mobo, PSU, Case and RAM:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.047040d3942b1a9d3657f717bbcba46a.png

@maartendc, a 3600 costs just under INR 25,000, which would leave INR 5000(around $85) for other stuff which isn't feasible. A 5600 would be over budget, let alone a 3600.

You should look for a Ryzen 3 at this price point, which should cost you around 15k to 17k INR(or around $200), leaving you some good amount for other stuff.

A 500W PSU, and some good 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM should be pretty good.

Edited by RockSolid1106
mixed up 3600 and 5600x
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

34 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

FYI: 30k rupees is about $400US or 340 euro.

You can easily get a 5600x and a cheap B550 board, something like B550 DS3H from Gigabyte. But of course, im not really comfortable to fully recommend that without knowing OP's PSU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Honestly OP needs to give way more info. He is talking about new CPU and motherboard, so I am assuming he already has a PSU, RAM, case, fans, aftermarket cooler, etc. that can be reused?

If total budget of 400 USD is for CPU + motherboard, thats fine. If it needs to include everything except GPU and SSD, forget it!

This thread is useless, not enough info to make a solid recommendation.

20 hours ago, maartendc said:

Honestly OP needs to give way more info. He is talking about new CPU and motherboard, so I am assuming he already has a PSU, RAM, case, fans, aftermarket cooler, etc. that can be reused?

If total budget of 400 USD is for CPU + motherboard, thats fine. If it needs to include everything except GPU and SSD, forget it!

This thread is useless, not enough info to make a solid recommendation.

yes i already own a gpu, ssd and a case

i just need a cpu, motherboard and powersupply

8 hours ago, xdSenpai said:

yes i already own a gpu, ssd and a case

i just need a cpu, motherboard and powersupply

Still need more info: what do you use the PC for? Gaming? Work? Video editing? Rendering? Etc. etc?

Best CPU for your budget depends on what you use it for.