Budget setup

Budget (including currency): 10-12 million IDR or around 700-800 USD (I can go slightly over)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: PUBG, Valorant, Apex Legends, Minecraft (mainly shooter games and lighter titles)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4GB or GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16GB
MOBO: idk
Storage: a large HDD for games and small SSD for system etc.
PSU: idk
Case: idk
Monitor: 1080p 60 or 120hz depending on how much budget I have left lol
Keyboard & Mouse: (Purchased)

Oh yea, just wondering how much would the overall cost increase if I get a minimum RTX rig? Also, this is my first time building a pc so sorry if I leave a lot of 'idk' 😅

also maybe a silly question, but do I need to buy windows or anything else too?

This computer is straight out of 2017 and not at all considered a good system today. Another problem is that even those old gpu's on the used market woul eat half the budget for this system leaving almost nothing to get a decent computer.

Best you can do is get a prebuilt. Hp has a couple good ones with a ryzen 4600h and gtx1650 for around that price which will be a lot better than what you added for specs. Keep in min that some are hdd only so make sure to get the ssd one then you can add storage later.

Also keep in mind that games are moving to ssd only and apex is already one of those games where it is very clear when you have a hdd (textures load in very late for example).

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why would they? They have a budget for a desktop.

yea but u can get very decent laptop for that budget

i did't mean u shouldn't go with pc 

jst consider it as an option.

5 minutes ago, zeroXD_03 said:

yea but u can get very decent laptop for that budget

i did't mean u shouldn't go with pc 

jst consider it as an option.

Yeah and a better desktop is available for that budget?

Also a 800$ gaming laptop looks good in specs (ryzen 4600 and gtx 1650 are an option) but you give up A LOT in terms of quality of the device and these laptops tend to not last too long due to it.

1 hour ago, zeroXD_03 said:

y dont u go with a laptop ?

is this a better option? I was going for pc since I already have an old laptop for study (but could barely game on it)

2 minutes ago, EggWithMustashe said:

is this a better option? I was going for pc since I already have an old laptop for study (but could barely game on it)

It is not the better option here at all op. Look into the suggestion I gave you. It will be FAR better.

1 hour ago, EggWithMustashe said:

Budget (including currency): 10-12 million IDR or around 700-800 USD (I can go slightly over)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: PUBG, Valorant, Apex Legends, Minecraft (mainly shooter games and lighter titles)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4GB or GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16GB
MOBO: idk
Storage: a large HDD for games and small SSD for system etc.
PSU: idk
Case: idk
Monitor: 1080p 60 or 120hz depending on how much budget I have left lol
Keyboard & Mouse: (Purchased)

Oh yea, just wondering how much would the overall cost increase if I get a minimum RTX rig? Also, this is my first time building a pc so sorry if I leave a lot of 'idk' 😅

also maybe a silly question, but do I need to buy windows or anything else too?

Rx 470 4gb are around 1-1.5jt rp used though they are mostly mining gpus so beware of that

Ryzen 5 3500(x) will demolish that poor 1600, and it costs around 2.3jt rp

Maybe consider a voltron gold 600 psu

Just buy whatever cheap mesh case you can find for good temps cause good airflow

If the monitor is included then id suggest buying some cheap used monitor for ~300rb rp and overclocking it to 75hz for now, you can upgrade the monitor later

Cause 300rb rp is very cheap for a monitor so swapping it isnt wasting that much money but going for a better monitor now but having to downgrade cpu will cost you much more since ryzen cpus at their cheapest are around 1.2jt rp, and you are prob only gonna get some crappy ryzen 3 1200, which you are basically gonna have to upgrade immedeatly or overclock the shit out of it

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Best you can do is get a prebuilt. Hp has a couple good ones with a ryzen 4600h and gtx1650 for around that price which will be a lot better than what you added for specs. Keep in min that some are hdd only so make sure to get the ssd one then you can add storage later.

Also keep in mind that games are moving to ssd only and apex is already one of those games where it is very clear when you have a hdd (textures load in very late for example).

thanks for the suggeston, I look it up and didn't found the one you mentioned, by prebuilt does it mean a laptop? 

ah okay, I'll consider getting a larger ssd

3 minutes ago, EggWithMustashe said:

thanks for the suggeston, I look it up and didn't found the one you mentioned, by prebuilt does it mean a laptop? 

ah okay, I'll consider getting a larger ssd

No prebuilt means a desktop computer that is already built. Not one you need to make yourself.

Any sites you can buy from that you can link? Language doesn't really matter as I can figure out some navigation usually.

3 minutes ago, zeroXD_03 said:

You're missing a case in your build link.

This prebuilt is NOT good because it uses the ryzen 3500 which is a pure 6core 6thread and that is NOT GOOD for gaming anymore. The same version with a ryzen 3600 a 6core 12thread cpu is a lot better for a little more and can actually play modern games without stutters.

40 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No prebuilt means a desktop computer that is already built. Not one you need to make yourself.

Any sites you can buy from that you can link? Language doesn't really matter as I can figure out some navigation usually.

does https://www.hp.com/ work? I'm planning to get one at a local place and doing some research before buying stuff

6 minutes ago, EggWithMustashe said:

does https://www.hp.com/ work? I'm planning to get one at a local place and doing some research before buying stuff

I don't think prices will translate and a similar device might not be good if they don't have the exact one I recommend as seen by the same looking but vastly different hp the other person linked.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-tg01-1070m-3g825av-1?jumpid=ma_hp-gaming_product-tile_desktops_14_3g825av-1_hp-pavilion-gaming-d

This is the one I recommend with the 4600h and gtx1650 option (and 16gb of ram obviously). Best ssd only to get a bigger ssd.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

I don't think prices will translate and a similar device might not be good if they don't have the exact one I recommend as seen by the same looking but vastly different hp the other person linked.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-tg01-1070m-3g825av-1?jumpid=ma_hp-gaming_product-tile_desktops_14_3g825av-1_hp-pavilion-gaming-d

This is the one I recommend with the 4600h and gtx1650 option (and 16gb of ram obviously). Best ssd only to get a bigger ssd.

I agree actually

Atleast hp isnt retarded and put dual channel ram instead of single channel ram 

Though the case looks like airflow hell just like most oem cases and particularly bad cases (looking at you h510) but i guess if your temps arent going above 90c then should be ok

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I agree actually

Atleast hp isnt retarded and put dual channel ram instead of single channel ram 

Though the case looks like airflow hell just like most oem cases and particularly bad cases (looking at you h510) but i guess if your temps arent going above 90c then should be ok

It's actually perforated full on the side so it has surprisingly ok airflow. Hence why I always recommend this system on the cheap as it is upgradable, has decent components and airflow can be greatly improved from ok to good by just adding a extra fan to the side.

44 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I forgot to add the /id lol. https://www.hp.com/id-id/shop/desktops/omen-25l-desktop-gt11-0601d-180m7aa.html
everything is out of stock except for this, which is double my budget. Any other option? and is it really not worth it to build my own?

3 minutes ago, EggWithMustashe said:

I forgot to add the /id lol. https://www.hp.com/id-id/shop/desktops/omen-25l-desktop-gt11-0601d-180m7aa.html
everything is out of stock except for this, which is double my budget. Any other option? and is it really not worth it to build my own?

I need a site or something to see parts. As I simply do not know the pricing differences.

1 hour ago, EggWithMustashe said:

Garbage

Last gen cpu

single channel ram

Case has no airflow

Just go for what @jaslion reccomended

On 8/3/2021 at 12:49 AM, jaslion said:

I need a site or something to see parts. As I simply do not know the pricing differences.

PROCESSOR : AMD Ryzen™️ 5 3600 CPU 6/12 65 Watt 3.6-4.2 GHz AM4  3.050.000 (210)
MOTHERBOARD : ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-E WIFI  2.800.000 (195)
RAM             : KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ   1.650.000 (115)
SSD            : KINGSTON SA2000M8 250GB M2 NVME SSD  700.000 (50)
HDD          : Seagate Barracuda35 1TB  700.000 (50)
CASING      : TECWARE NEXUS M2 TG - BLACK (include 3 pcs black fan)  560.000 (40)
POWERSUPPLY : CORSAIR CV550 (CP-9020210-EU) 550W 80+ Bronze  850.000  (60)
VGA CARD : GIGABYTE GV-N105TD5-4GD GTX 1050Ti 4GB  3.800.000 (265)
TOTAL : 14.110.00 (985)

Hey so I got in contact with the place I'm planning to buy it from, this is what he recommended. Anything too overpriced or I should change? It's a bit overbudget

11 minutes ago, EggWithMustashe said:

PROCESSOR : AMD Ryzen™️ 5 3600 CPU 6/12 65 Watt 3.6-4.2 GHz AM4  3.050.000 (210)
MOTHERBOARD : ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-E WIFI  2.800.000 (195)
RAM             : KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ   1.650.000 (115)
SSD            : KINGSTON SA2000M8 250GB M2 NVME SSD  700.000 (50)
HDD          : Seagate Barracuda35 1TB  700.000 (50)
CASING      : TECWARE NEXUS M2 TG - BLACK (include 3 pcs black fan)  560.000 (40)
POWERSUPPLY : CORSAIR CV550 (CP-9020210-EU) 550W 80+ Bronze  850.000  (60)
VGA CARD : GIGABYTE GV-N105TD5-4GD GTX 1050Ti 4GB  3.800.000 (265)
TOTAL : 14.110.00 (985)

Hey so I got in contact with the place I'm planning to buy it from, this is what he recommended. Anything too overpriced or I should change? It's a bit overbudget

Case sucks very poor airlfow

Psu is pretty low end not great

Small ssd for the money

Board is extremely expensive for what it is

The 1050ti is a 1080p lowest settings MAYBE 60fps card not good at all especially for such a high price.

Really not a great system for the money.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Case sucks very poor airlfow

Psu is pretty low end not great

Small ssd for the money

Board is extremely expensive for what it is

The 1050ti is a 1080p lowest settings MAYBE 60fps card not good at all especially for such a high price.

Really not a great system for the money.

can you recommend me a board and psu don't really know how to look for a good one. I'll ask for other option for the ssd and case, and for the gpu I'll check their pricing for a 1650.

1 minute ago, EggWithMustashe said:

can you recommend me a board and psu don't really know how to look for a good one. I'll ask for other option for the ssd and case, and for the gpu I'll check their pricing for a 1650.

I mean I don't know what selection they have. Since they have the cv550 they probably have the much better cx550.

Board well it's a 3600 so a b450 board by now should be very cheap. Look for a msi bazooka, mortar or tomahawk max.