Ethernet

ReePay

So my ethernet icon has disappeared from the windows taskbar but I do have internet connection (look at attachments).

I wasn't bothered until I heard there is a new update for the windows insider program so I went onto the settings and checked for updates and then I noticed a weird error code (look at attachments) and it doesn't matter what do I do I can't update the computer.

so then I realized that it might be about the ethernet icon that disappeared, I went onto the settings and then searched troubleshoot (went to additional troubleshooters) and clicked the windows update button and then I got a "problem detected" and apply fix so I applied the fix and after it applied the fix it showed a report of what happened and I had a "possible solution" networking reset (look at attachments) so I went again to the troubleshoot settings and this time pressed the "Network adapter" so It told me a problem detected and it told me to do a networking reset (look at attachments) and if I want to do it I need to do a restart to my computer so I did it and it didn't help.

I have tried looking up online and I tried every thing and nothing helped

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

To get the network icon appear again in you right corner, right click on the taskbar select Taskbar settings, select which icons appear on the taskbar  and turn on Network on. 

Do you have problems going on line or just the update?

You followed this? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-0x8007042c-error-message-when-you-try-to-start-windows-firewall-3523f4c0-548d-9458-3a04-c0a1c138fc8b

I followed the guide u sent and it didn't do anything, found this on windows security and when I click turn on it doesn't do any thing

image.png

19 minutes ago, ReePay said:

I followed the guide u sent and it didn't do anything, found this on windows security and when I click turn on it doesn't do any thing

Please use the quote me or tag me with @Kadzo so i can see your reply, otherwise i will miss it. 
Do have some malware detection software like malwarebytes, and did you run the scan?

On what OS are you? 

30 minutes ago, Kadzo said:

Please use the quote me or tag me with @Kadzo so i can see your reply, otherwise i will miss it. 
Do have some malware detection software like malwarebytes, and did you run the scan?

On what OS are you? 

I just downloaded Malwarebytes and run a scan and it found 10 malwares (most of them are crypto mining .bat files), and I'm using windows 10 pro, version 21h1, os build 19043.1151

50 minutes ago, ReePay said:

I just downloaded Malwarebytes and run a scan and it found 10 malwares (most of them are crypto mining .bat files), and I'm using windows 10 pro, version 21h1, os build 19043.1151

I would recommend that you first clean the malware then try the previous steps for turning on the Firewall. 

After some web search i found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-turned-off-by-itself/71b2e974-a214-4e54-9982-9c489ee6d0aa so you are not the only one with the same issue.