EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 dead?

TheJuanEstevez

I have a 3090 that I liquid cooled myself using an EK Block. It's been running just fine for over two months until today. Last night I turned off my PC and when I turned it on this morning there was no display on my monitor. I tired swapping cables and monitors but still no display. I tired removing the CMOS battery and that didn't work either. I plugged in a different GPU into my PC and that worked just fine. I tried swapping out the riser for the 3090 (it's vertically mounted and the water cooling tubing won't let me plug directly into the PCIe slot) and that didn't work either. I don't know what else to try at this point. I'm starting to think that the GPU just died cause of the water block. Does anyone know if EVGA will still honor the warranty?

System specs:

EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 with EK Water block

Ryzen 5900X

ASUS x570-E

Seasonic 1300W PSU

EVGA does honor warranty even if you disassemble the cards and put a water block on them. I would take it back apart and slot it directly into the motherboard and see. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

EVGA does honor warranty even if you disassemble the cards and put a water block on them. I would take it back apart and slot it directly into the motherboard and see. 

maybe put the air cooler back on while you're at it 😉 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Just now, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

maybe put the air cooler back on while you're at it 😉 

ooops, yea.. that thing... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card