Hyper-V External Switch Problems

Hi,

This will be my first post in this forum. So straight to the point:

I have setup my PC to use Hyper-V and have been facing a problem with networking. I have added an external virtual switch in order to access my VMs from other computers within the network. Just last night I have noticed that since setting up Hyper-V with external switch, I've been experiencing random disconnections from the internet. This was especially annoying because I noticed this while playing some Left 4 Dead with friends. To be more specific, these disconnects happen in such a manner:

• PC will lose connection momentarily for approximately 5-10 seconds
  • Connection is restored for around 30 seconds
  • PC will lose connection momentarily once again for approximately 5-10 seconds
  • Connection will be restored again, until such disconnects happen again

Out of curiosity, after that gaming session I ran a ping -t on cmd and left my PC overnight. The following morning showed that I've lost around 30 packets throughout the time the command was run. Searching through the event viewer showed me event ID 22, 24, 21 and 23 recurring overnight.

image.thumb.png.cf2a24fc7b6f904f162d366e4674b366.png

I've attached the screenshot of event viewer for reference. Several solutions that I've tried consist of the following:

• Disabled Virtual Machine Queue for all VMs in Hyper-V Manager
  • Updated my Realtek ethernet drivers
  • Deleted the external switch and created a new one
  • Restarting the PC (cuz why not)

All solutions however, have been to no avail. I'm still experiencing these issues at seemingly random intervals. I've searched everywhere and I have not yet seen anyone that has experienced the exact same problem as me so I'm really getting kinda desperate here and any possible solutions are very much welcome. Here are my PC specs:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • GTX 1660 Super
  • Asrock B450M Steel Legend
  • G-Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB (4X8GB) 3200 MHz
  • Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1, Build 19043.1110

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have anouther nic, this kinda feels like a hardware issue to me. Id give a good intel nic a shot here.

Might try this out if I can find one on the cheap. Meanwhile, I left a ping -t test running overnight and it seems like the issues have disappeared. Come to think of it, last I had this problem was probably yesterday afternoon 😅 Hopefully it doesn't come back but we'll see. Can't seem to understand which troubleshooting step I've done was the one that fixed it since I've performed so many other things yesterday haha